Looking for working moms who also are runners

Options
Hello there,

I am a working mom, who is getting back into running. I work full time and drive a total of two hours a day from and to work. I have two kids ages 5 and 3 and I love running.

I used run cross country in high school and also track. Now I am getting back into running. I have completed two 5ks and two 10ks. Currently have two more 10ks lined up and one 15k before the year is over. I have already signed up for my first Half Marathon and my ultimate goal is to run a full Marathon.

I am looking to add some working mom and runners friends. For support, talk about training plans and how to fit them in with a busy schedule and exchanbe stories.

Thanks

Shirley

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a fulltime working single mom of a 3 yearold and I run! I actually didn't start running until after my daughter was born. Since I am on my own, running seemed like the only way to add excercise back into my life since I can do it with my daughter in the jogger.

So far I have run 2 half marathons and I'm in training for 2 more this fall.

It is hard to balance work and being a good mom and running, but I do my best and get a little creative with my scheduling. My daughter and I travel for an hour + each way to our office building (there is a daycare in the building) via subway. But the building is only 5 miles from home, so a few days a week, weather permitting, I run home with my daughter in the jogger.

Anyway, I love running friends and especially running mom friends! II'll send you a friend request.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm only running one day a week because I'm trying out Fitness Blender's 8 week program. I'm not a huge runner, never really was at all, but I've now done 3 5Ks and a 10K, and have another 5K coming up in a few weeks. I work outside the home, fulltime, and I have two daughters, ages 12 (starting 7th grade tomorrow!) and 4. Shooting you a friend request!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom to a five year old, work full time, and I am working toward my bachelor's degree. I started running about three years ago. I have completed several 5K's, a 10K, and three half marathons. I have a half coming up in September and I will be running a leg for a marathon relay in October. Life is definitely busy, but running helps me keep a little of my sanity!
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! :smile: So I'm a FT working single mom to 5 year old triplet boys and a 2 year old boy; my life is crazy nuts but running is my free therapy and sanity. Now that my triplets are in school, I'm looking at buying a dreadmill because I just can't see any other way to get my miles in :frown:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm a fulltime working single mom of a 3 yearold and I run! I actually didn't start running until after my daughter was born. Since I am on my own, running seemed like the only way to add excercise back into my life since I can do it with my daughter in the jogger.

So far I have run 2 half marathons and I'm in training for 2 more this fall.

It is hard to balance work and being a good mom and running, but I do my best and get a little creative with my scheduling. My daughter and I travel for an hour + each way to our office building (there is a daycare in the building) via subway. But the building is only 5 miles from home, so a few days a week, weather permitting, I run home with my daughter in the jogger.

Anyway, I love running friends and especially running mom friends! II'll send you a friend request.

Wow that is amazing that you are able to get running in, I guess when there is a will there is a way. Thanks for the request already accepted.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Right now I'm only running one day a week because I'm trying out Fitness Blender's 8 week program. I'm not a huge runner, never really was at all, but I've now done 3 5Ks and a 10K, and have another 5K coming up in a few weeks. I work outside the home, fulltime, and I have two daughters, ages 12 (starting 7th grade tomorrow!) and 4. Shooting you a friend request!

Thanks for the request already accepted, it is funny I read an article in the runners world magazine about what makes you a runner and the moment you put on those shoes and hit the road you are a runner it is not about time or how many marathons you have run. You are still a runner :)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working mom of 2.. ages 6 and 2. I just finished a 20K this past weekend and have my second half (since having kids) in October.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Hi! :smile: So I'm a FT working single mom to 5 year old triplet boys and a 2 year old boy; my life is crazy nuts but running is my free therapy and sanity. Now that my triplets are in school, I'm looking at buying a dreadmill because I just can't see any other way to get my miles in :frown:

Wow, I should not complain about my schedule I could just imagine how busy your life must be with triplets and a 2 year old boy.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I never thought I was a "runner" however I learned really quickly that it's something that really helps calm the madness of life for me. I work full time, have 4 children, and 2 dogs. My kids are 18,10, and twins who are 7. My dogs are 5 and 10 months (what kind of lunatic with 4 kids and a dog gets a puppy for Christmas??-ME!) I actually run with my children sometimes. They all run cross country! For their age group it's 1.5 mile runs. We try to do 2 miles at a time. My 10 year old runs 5k's. She basically about to overtake my speed! I am capable of running short runs faster, but my ideal (enjoyable) run is 9.5 min miles for 4-6 miles. I started slow and low on miles, and just kept running. I have to be on the road for work by 6 a.m. so I am an evening runner. I squeeze it in during practices or sometimes I go out late evening when I've gotten everyone showered and ready for bed. I am very lucky my husband is supportive of me being active, that helps a ton!
  • Fit2beme
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm a FT working mom with two boys, age 6 & 7. I run 5 days a week. I've completed a few 5ks & 10ks and 5 half marathons. I'm currently training for 2 more. I'm an early morning runner and go around 5 am during the week and 6:30-7am ish on the weekends. Now that it's dark at 5am, I go to the gym unless I'm able to meet with one of my running buddies. Plus, early am runs interfere less with family time. My husband is also a great supporter of my running and fills in the gap when needed.
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 girls, 7 and 5. I've run a few 5k's and 3 10ks with another coming up in October. I'm actually home for the summer, going back to work in 2 weeks..... :sad:

Feel free to add me!