How do you kick start the weight loss?!?!?!?

Options
After a million and one attempts, I finally started my weight loss challenge. Again. I've been at it for about 2 weeks with having to take last weekend off for other things. I've been living at the gym outside of work. Cardio and I are quickly becoming BFFs. And in about 2 weeks I am going to start adding some weight lifting. However, I see NO difference whatsoever. I eat healthy and work my butt off, but I see nothing. My clothes feel the same, no changes in the way they fit. The ONLY difference are my legs and my booty is becoming rounder, as my boyfriend says. I know that I shouldn't compare myself to other people, but when I hear about my friends who have lost 40 lbs in just a few months and another friend who lost 10 lbs and 4 inches in only a month, it's discouraging. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to kick start the weight lost. Help!

Replies

• morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    if you figure out the secret PLEASE let me know. I'm the same way. it's discouraging
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything eaten. Calculate a reasonable calorie goal and eat that amount. Eat back all or a portion of exercise calories.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food, measure your liquids.

Set a reasonable calorie goal.

Meet your goal.

Workout as you see fit.

Be patient.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    DONATE DONATE DONATE !!!
    clothes / shoes to your LOCAL thrift shop (not goodwill, salvation army etc).
    backpacks of canned food to your local foodbank
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started by eliminating one food to my usual unhealthy diet, that's white rice for me. And then I woke up the next day feeling wonderfully light. So I did it again. The same feeling the next day so I decided to up the ante and did a bit of exercise. Then I felt better the following morning. I just kept going and avoided the scale for almost 2 weeks. Once i weighed, I saw there was a 5-pound difference. My point is, I knew that the changes I'll make will not give me results in the scale overnight. So I let it be and kept going with what's making me feel good. I learned that the number in the scale is not as important as feeling better after I know I have done the right things to keep myself healthy. Stay patient and learn to love every good feeling and successes that you get in this journey, whether it is just resisting soda for a day or doing a 15 minute exercise... You'll definitely see the results after. Love and trust the process because it really works. Good luck and God bless! =)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is way too soon to see discernible changes unless you drop a ton of water weight and just feel better in your clothes. I'd give it thirty days or even more depending on how much weight you have to lose. I had to lose 50 lbs before I started seeing big changes and buying new clothes. I'm sure you don't have that much to lose but your weight can fluctuate daily depending on water retention, etc.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Hard to say what's not going right. Any chance you might open up your food diary?
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started out with a very low calorie deficit and lost weight but I was miserable and eventually stalled out. And lost/gained the same 15 lbs for about 6 months.

I had to realize that I gained this weight one pound at a time and the only way I was going to lose it is one pound at a time. Now I eat 500 cals less a day than I burn. I exercise so I can eat more. And lose consistently at least 1 lb a week because of it.

Weight loss is slow so dont stress about it. Set a reasonable goal for your loss and stick to it. Don't deny yourself the foods you love, just eat less of them.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread and thought it apt to your question. This is great advice and worth the read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BellaBones
    BellaBones Posts: 136
    Options
    Weighing and calculating all your foods is not the answer. Eat better!!! Exercise more. Do weight lifting, light to tone and do cardio. Whole foods , good foods, good fats, raw dairy, raw foods, experiment with different grains and seeds. Raw nuts. Eat MORE!!! Probiotics. You body will love you and it will show.