What do you weigh? What size clothes RIGHT NOW?

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Right now I weigh 181.4. My pants are a 12 & 14 and my shirts are XL. I hate being in between sizes too. It's still better than being in my size 18/20 & XXL clothes. :)

Finally someone honest^. I am 179 and wear 14 pants, and about a 16 top or an xl.

Do you assume that because other people's numbers don't match up with yours they're lying? Because that seems awfully self-centered, don't you think?
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    LOL, maybe a thread with height, weight, and naval size would give us more uniform answers. I would love it if women's pants sizes were like men's and went by waist size. It'd be easier to shop, especially when some brands nowadays are all about the vanity sizing. I mean, really, I see pants today that are labeled a size 8 when back in the day they'd be a size 12.
  • AlanahCFit
    AlanahCFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Right now I weigh 181.4. My pants are a 12 & 14 and my shirts are XL. I hate being in between sizes too. It's still better than being in my size 18/20 & XXL clothes. :)

This except i weigh 190 woop woop and my biggest was 229 size 16
  • AlanahCFit
    AlanahCFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL, maybe a thread with height, weight, and naval size would give us more uniform answers. I would love it if women's pants sizes were like men's and went by waist size. It'd be easier to shop, especially when some brands nowadays are all about the vanity sizing. I mean, really, I see pants today that are labeled a size 8 when back in the day they'd be a size 12.

What I hate is size 12 that fits like an 8, grrrr China!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    5'9", 144, 4 or 6 (depending on manufacturer) Small top.

If by RIGHT NOW you meant at this moment... Size medium pjs. :wink:
  • Nyx_89
    Nyx_89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'2''
    136 lbs
    Size 8 or 9 pants or dress
    Size medium or large shirts
  • mmmahre
    mmmahre Posts: 8
    Options
    5'8" 139 lbs
    Jeans size 4 -8 depending on brand. More expensive brand bigger size.
    Shirts small to medium.
  • drico618
    Options
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 210 (Just started diet lost 5lbs before finding this site)
    Size Shirt: Large
    Pants: 36-38
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    216 & change. XL tank top from CJ Banks, 18 soft-stretchy dance pants (they're loose enough to have some flow) from JC Penny's. I'm in a 16W short/jean pretty much across the board, and my brand new dress is a 14W from Nordstroms.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    weight: 225ish
    size: 18 on the bottom (started at size 20), XL on top
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Weight: 207
    Pant Size- L or 15
    Shirt Size- XL
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    174 lbs, 5'4", size 13/14 (?) pants (not sure really since I don't wear jeans often), my running pants are XL but they're starting to get a little too big woohoo!

and size medium top in women's (L-XL in juniors)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't gain weight but can go anywhere from XS to Large. Depends on the maker and the style and how I want it to fit. I'm 120lbs 5'2".

Sizes are like the scale to me. IDGAF.

I like the way you think :) IDGAF about the #'s either, just happy that I look slimmer and less jiggly ;)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    228.. Pants 18P or 1x if elastic.and 1x-2x shirts
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Finally someone honest^. I am 179 and wear 14 pants, and about a 16 top or an xl.

Do you assume that because other people's numbers don't match up with yours they're lying? Because that seems awfully self-centered, don't you think?

That's what I was thinking! Body shape and body fat percentages can differ quite a lot!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Right now I weigh 182.5. My pants range anywhere from a 12 to a 16 depending on the store. Most 16s are loose though. Shirts are usually a L, sometimes an XL, again depending on the store. I'm 5'2 and a half. :)

We are almost the same size but pants wise I'm a solid 16 and large or extra large on top. I'm bottom heavy :sad:
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" 138 lbs. with 23 lbs. to go to goal...My tops are mostly medium with a few smalls, which was an added bonus cause medium is OK with me and never expected to go smaller. My Easter dress was a milestone in that I fit into an 8 comfortably for the first time. In pants and shorts I mostly have 8-10s but when I bought new summer clothes, I found one pair of shorts in a 6 that fit which felt good cause that is loosely my size goal and the first thing I've owned in that size since high school. But I have a friend in fashion design and I asked her about this whole weird sizing thing....it really has nothing to do with OUR bodies or actual measurements or us being "in between" or anything. There really is no standard enforceable measurements for each size that applies across the board for all companies so each company sets their own standards; and it is further dependent on the measurements of the fit model they get when designing the garment to begin with. Plus the whole vanity sizing thing that keeps making the smaller sizes larger to boost the egos of people who want to say they wear such and such a size but don't have the body for the traditional size. So in my case, the bottom line I was trying to find out in this conversation, is that in general, (with all aforesaid variations and exceptions in mind), if I wore a size 6 in 1984 that roughly translates to a size 8, sometimes even a 10 today. The key is not to focus so much on the number on the size label as to find clothes you feel comfortable in and be happy with it cause no one sees the label but you anyway and if you look/act great, no one else is going to care about the number. You're more than that number anyway!!
  • misterwah
    misterwah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'11", 302.7lbs.

Joined the site a month ago and have already lost 30lbs!!! I've been walking every day and eating healthier. That's it. This site is SUCH a huge help though. The support from friends is amazing (I'm lookin at you, N2couture)!

My 'skinny' weight is 200lbs - I'm a bulky hockey player. I expect that my skinny weight will be a little more now because I'm also building more muskel. :)

30lbs down and 70 to go - that's the 1 year challenge. But this is a life change so I'm pretty sure that I'll be hitting 200 sometime, hence the 200lb goal in my graphic below.

Oh... clothes - still wearing XXL tshirts and 50" waist (but i've had to start tightening the belt, so at least there's that). :)
  • Purplewaxhand
    Options
    5'0"

So far:
    282lbs
    Shirt size: 3XL
    Pant size 3XL(22/24)
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Just because someone has a higher LBM than you and fit a smaller size doesn't mean they are lying...

Op: 145lbs size 4/6 jeans small tops (medium t-shirt cuz I like a comfy t).