I don't know what to do

Options
Hello my name is Eric I am a 16 year old jr in high school. .. I have been doing p90x and also on a soccer team after school and in streinth and conditioning during school .. When I get home I get sluggish and don't feel like doing p90x and I feel like I'm sacrificing for just to do it .. Should I continue or shod I limit my excersize?

Replies

• bobbystrongarm
    Options
    Keep doing lots of cardio if you want to build up your cardiovascular endurance further.

If this is to lose weight get your diet in order. You can do cardio til you puke, but if your diet sucks you'll gain weight. More cardio doesn't mean more weight loss with a proper diet. Just means you need to eat more.

If you are already sluggish and working out a lot doing other things your probably over training or under eating.

Set up a diet plan for a calorie deficit. Eat back the calories you burn while working out and training. You will lose the amount of weight you schedule consistently in your diet without killing yourself doing cardio 24/7. MFP can set this all up for you. Set your diet goal to lose the max it lets you set it.

Take me for example.

TDEE is ~2500 cal. My deficit is set to 1560 cal daily to lose 1.9 pounds a week. If I burn 1000 cal a day I eat 2560 cal that day. This still maintains my 940 cal deficit for the day, I will still lose 1.9lbs that week.

If you want to quit killing yourself doing cardio all day, get your diet in order. Track everything you eat and keep consistent.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    First, people are gonna bust your *kitten* for being on here. MFP is 18+, sparkteens is where you should be at.

You're a teenager, you're body is going totally insane. If you're feeling sluggish after school, it may be because you're not eating enough, or enough of the right kinds of foods. I wouldn't push yourself too hard, especially through something like p90x. You're doing soccer and strength training through school, you don't want to exhaust yourself and have your performance in these suffer.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Before the thread is banned and you are banned:

Push your self as hard as you want, as long as you fuel it. Try eating a bit more, and make sure you get plenty of sleep. Check iifym.com - though this is geared for adults! You should probably NOT eat below your TDEE unless you are actually overweight which if that is your picture you are not really ;) maybe you just want to exchange fat for muscle (so more weight training/body weight).

That said, if you are already doing sports and weight training you dont really need more, unless you want to just to want to.
  • Jasano1234
    Options
    Do what you feel will benefit you the most.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, why on earth would you announce to everyone that you're 16 when you should know that the age limit to this website is 18?