30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• fatgulegule
    fatgulegule Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 4. I enjoy doing it but I can't wait to move on to the next level. Challenging as it is (and I do work up a sweat every time) I hate doing the same old exercises every day, I just get really bored. Nothing against the DVD, it's just in my nature, I get bored really easily. I'm determined to complete the whole 30 Days though because everyone's results on here are just so inspiring.
  • dlmurray1
    Options
    I started this last night, and by god it is hard! Everyone says it gets easier after the first to days so I'm going to try and stick with it.

I have quite bad knees to I struggled, ALOT with the lunges, but that was porbably my hardest part - I think I need to build up some muscle and some resistance to pain. I have my OH making me stick with it though, as I really don't have any motivation.

Good luck with it everyone!!! xx
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Day 3 now for me.. Woke up this morning in about as much pain as yesterday, just glad it's no worse. It's a good kind of pain at this point because I know I have worked hard!

Definitely feeling more toned but this early in its probably because my muscles have ceased up in shock- but it's keeping me motivated!

One thing that bugs me about this dvd is the strength exercises seem to go on for much longer than I want them to, those are the bits I dread but I suppose that's the whole point, to push past the pain and build strength. While jillian is walking around the models and showing how they demonstrate the moves I'm thinking get back on your mat jillian so this can be over!

Keep going everyone :-)
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Had my first attempt at Level 3 - yikes! Have decided to alternate between Levels 2 and 3 for a few days and get used to it gradually.

I can live with the fact that it's a bit repetitive and that I almost know the words off by heart - what I don't understand is why, at the end of a session, I am sweating from every available pore but Jillian and friends look as fresh as when they started!
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Hi everyone. Never been on these forums but have used MFP in the past for tracking. Was just on the lookout for a 30 Day Shred forum / thread. And here one is! I felt like I needed to be answerable to someone from day one to keep me on track - even if nobody reads about my pain! Anyway - day one over. Found it pretty easy but I'm told it's deceptive and that I'll be in agony tomorrow. Taken some horrific 'before' pics in my underwear. Shudder. Right - good luck everyone - I'll go back and have a look through the thread.
  • jennatheraven
    jennatheraven Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I did day two last night, and I am crippled haha! Onwards and upwards though! Good luck all.
  • dkalita
    dkalita Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started 30DS three days ago. On 19th August. I did for two days then missed it yesterday. Will definitely do it today. But i plan to give myself one day off each week. But there is one thing I am kind of surprised about. Everyone is complaining about how sore they are after the first one or two days. But I AM NOT SORE at all!! :huh:
    I am doing all the steps (the easier version by Anita) exactly as Jillian is telling me to. Except the push ups are too much for me. So m like cheating a bit there. But everything else I am following the video.
    And the second day i used weights. But nope. No soreness apart from a slight pull in my thighs! Since there are no burns what does it mean! Am so confused. I want to be sore but I am not. :frown:
    It will be Day 3 today. If I am not sore tomorrow i may just give up.
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Dkalita - were you already exercising? Maybe you're already physically past step one? There doesn't seem to be a prescribed format of going through the steps - doesn't she just say to progress as you feel ready? I wasn't sure what to do - are other people doing ten, ten and ten or just moving up when they feel they can?
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 3 now for me.. Woke up this morning in about as much pain as yesterday, just glad it's no worse. It's a good kind of pain at this point because I know I have worked hard!

Definitely feeling more toned but this early in its probably because my muscles have ceased up in shock- but it's keeping me motivated!

One thing that bugs me about this dvd is the strength exercises seem to go on for much longer than I want them to, those are the bits I dread but I suppose that's the whole point, to push past the pain and build strength. While jillian is walking around the models and showing how they demonstrate the moves I'm thinking get back on your mat jillian so this can be over!

Keep going everyone :-)
    Ashley, I saw a sports physio yesterday for some back and knee pain from exercising and she told me how important the stretches are. Both before and after working out so I guess this lady is spot on making us do stretches. I was doing Couch to 5K and had to stop due to knee pain and found it was because I wasn't doing any stretches at all - the programme never told me so I didn't know. I've ordered 30DS today to be delivered tomorrow so will start it then. I'm sure i'll be back on here agreeing with you about the painful stretches!! Well done xx
  • dkalita
    Options
    Dkalita - were you already exercising? Maybe you're already physically past step one? There doesn't seem to be a prescribed format of going through the steps - doesn't she just say to progress as you feel ready? I wasn't sure what to do - are other people doing ten, ten and ten or just moving up when they feel they can?

Thanks for replying :flowerforyou:
    I am not a exercise person at all! Just been walking for 30 mins everyday for the past month. Cant say i m athletic or anything. I weigh 154 lbs. height 5.2'. With lots of flab everywhere,yikes. I think i will stick with level 1 for 10 days and then move on.
  • amyloulou1987
    amyloulou1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 yesterday. The legs are a bit sore today I must admit but I managed to get through it without dying so im marking day 1 as a success!

Now I want to try and get it done first thing before work, but the snooze button was far to tempting this morning!

Good luck everyone! :-)
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've gotten my hands on the videos, and am starting the 30DS tomorrow. Wish me luck! Keep it up, those of you who are still going
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Did L1D8 yesterday :)
    I completed 30DS a few months ago and am re-doing it but this time at the advanced level and using heavier weights.
    Count on me for support :)
  • fitatforty3
    fitatforty3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today will be day three level one
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok I am totally addicted to google-ing 30 day shred results and in work as well, if any on done a check on my pc they would think I was a right perve looking at all the ladies in their underwear lol!!

Seriously it is so inspirational and I cannot believe it has worked for so many people, I know I'm only one day 2 but hope I stick at it and complete the 30 days, to see similar results.
  • gettinjiggywitit
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have been using cycling as my main workout for about 3 or 4 years now, it's great and helped me lose 2 stone but I'm getting bored and no longer wish to lose weight. I want some tone and muscle! I stumbled upon this topic when looking for some workouts and wow, you guys are amazing encouragement! I thought I had to try this, I'm not a big gym goer even tho a friend teaches workout classes I'd never go but this seemed more approachable, especially after seeing all of your results.

I done a trial run of level 1 today, I managed! I thought I would struggle as my muscles aren't up to much but it was okay lots of sweat (I was also wearing my slim hot sweat shorts) but I wasn't out of breath or struggling to keep up. I had to take a couple of seconds out to pet the dog who was jumping about with me then lying down on my yoga mat at the points I needed it ha ha! I wish I had seen this sooner, I say this was a trial because I'm on holiday next week so I won't be able to do it then but when I'm back I'm going to start my (modified - due to work) 30 Day Shred challenge!

Keep up the great work you lot, some amazing results already in here and to be had!
  • emmaclair7
    Options

Thanks for replying :flowerforyou:
    I am not a exercise person at all! Just been walking for 30 mins everyday for the past month. Cant say i m athletic or anything. I weigh 154 lbs. height 5.2'. With lots of flab everywhere,yikes. I think i will stick with level 1 for 10 days and then move on.

Maybe the walking was a bit of a warm-up for you. Will let you know how I feel tomorrow as I didn't find level one tough but I do think I'll ache. I think you're right to stick with the ten days as I've heard the next levels are something else. And you're still burning fat - soreness or otherwise - it's better than watching TV for 20 minutes.
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    I can't stopping at the results pictures either. I love seeing ones that look like me so I can fantasise about my new body... well, providing I overhaul the food side of things too. Otherwise I'll just get a six pack under my blubber.
  • dkalita
    Options
    Ok I am totally addicted to google-ing 30 day shred results and in work as well, if any on done a check on my pc they would think I was a right perve looking at all the ladies in their underwear lol!!

Seriously it is so inspirational and I cannot believe it has worked for so many people, I know I'm only one day 2 but hope I stick at it and complete the 30 days, to see similar results.

Exactly what I am doing for the past week at work!
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one :)