What and/or how much do you ladies eat when it's TOM?

Options
I've noticed that I tend to crave and hungrier a lot more when I'm PMS'ng and on my TOM. I'm wondering what you ladies are doing to wave those cravings and hunger pains off?

Replies

• shellsies93
    Options
    I crave sweets like crazy! I just find healthy foods to munch on. I do not go to the store at all during that week because I know i'll go for the most unhealthy, sugary foods. I eat some dark chocolate that's only 100 calories and somehow it makes me perfectly happy and back to normal for that time of the month.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    all the foods.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it may be the reason for my fruit bread craving. TOM should have been here yesterday & the whole week before that I would be able to eat a whole loaf of fruit bread in one day. I did that 3 times.

But I have no idea, cause I'm doing 4:# as well so it could be my body as well.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat the same way I eat any other time, to be honest. I may crave all the foods but I keep it within my day, because that's kind of the point in logging the foods.

Make some sugar free pudding or something, if sweets are your thing. Use low fat milk (if you must.) and eat when a craving hits. Maybe throw some pretzels in there too. Keeps the cals down (if that's your thing...) and carry on.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time keeled over in pain. The rest is spent shovelling everything I can into my mouth :/
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just go with it lol
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I usually get a craving for chocolate 2 weeks before I get them but this time its been a lot better with the cravings I know I am getting close to getting mine but I can't remember when they are meant to be here but drink water and exercise go for a walk if the weather permits
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I try to eat up to maintenance calories. I give in to my cravings in moderation. Like chocolate or fried chicken. When I slip, I do my best to make up for it, and I don't worry about it. As long as I do my best, the weight will come off. Stressing does no good. Basically, I do my best to make the best choices. I will look at my reports and that helps too. I also tell myself that it's easier NOT to eat 500 calories than to work it off. :) TOM can be super frustrating for me but it always passes and I am always making some kind of progress. For me the key is to wait it out as best I can and then pick back up after it's over. I get a lazy week and that's fine with me!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My craving days actually occur a few days before the actual TOM. My stomach would be bottomless. I find mild exercise helps curb the appetite a bit.
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eat little chocolate bars like Freddos or other stuff for kids. A nice sandwich made with crusty brown bread full of meat and salad will fill your tummy and on those days walk a bit further than usual to make up for the added chocolate and stodge! How about a banana in a bowl with some low cal custard and put in the microwave? Oooh and a white wine spritzer will make anyone feel better!
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im always hungrier mid cycle, which is ovulation time, and i crave sweet stuff. I have cheat meal...just one meal (not one day) and eat a healthy filling amount, and have dessert. I still lose each week (curently losing 1-2 lbs each week). However, I do find it difficult to exercise during TOM, especially the first day so i have a day off running which means i feel hungrier because i have no exercise calories to eat. Having TOM is pants! lol
  • Sectility
    Options
    I eat apples and oatmeal. I stray away from my cravings, like yogurt, cheese, sweets, etc.
  • MamaMorgan9
    Options
    I tend to get a little out of control with food & sweets during this time. Try frozen greek yogurt bars. They are SO yummy & only 80 calories ! There are a few different brands out there , but I prefer The Yasso brand. They are more natural than the other brands. Made with rBST-free milk & no artificial sweeteners.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Eat little chocolate bars like Freddos or other stuff for kids. A nice sandwich made with crusty brown bread full of meat and salad will fill your tummy and on those days walk a bit further than usual to make up for the added chocolate and stodge! How about a banana in a bowl with some low cal custard and put in the microwave? Oooh and a white wine spritzer will make anyone feel better!

mmmmmm Freddos.....:tongue:
  • MamaMorgan9
    Options
    I forgot about Lindt's Intense Orange-dark chocolate. It has pieces of orange & almond slivers. It's so good. It is an intense chocolate, so even just two squares of it is usually enough to satisfy me. Two squares = 95 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm much less hungry actually. I get hungrier when I ovulate.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is difficult because that is when I really crave sweets but I try and stick to my normal food routine. I appreciate the sugar in my grapes and bananas more then.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I usually am a sweets fiend, but when it's my TOM I crave salt like it's going out of style. My new go to chip is Pop Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Everything in sight! No, not really. I crave but I try to stick to my routine because I know all the stuff I am craving will make me feel like crap. I had Cheetos last night and sure enough I have felt awful all day today.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite cause I get so ill when I have TOM that I tend not to eat much