Sickness and dizziness with exercise - please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• wildheart_cowgirl
    Options
    Check with your doctor about your symptoms. How long has this been occurring? Are you eating enough before your workouts? You could try eating a cup of oatmeal one and a half to two hours before exercising to help provide you with enough energy. It's also important to properly space out the foods you eat before a workout. A general rule I follow is that I wait at least one to two hours after eating a large meal before I exercise and one hour to 30 minutes after eating a snack. Are you staying hydrated during your workouts? Another suggestion would be to make sure you are not gulping down water during exercise but instead drinking it in steady sips. Are you workouts to strenuous? Don't over exert yourself because that could lead to exercise-induced vomiting. You could try lowering the intensity of your workouts. Again, its best that you check in with your doctor because sometimes these symptoms can signal a more serious underlying condition.
  • tpncc
    tpncc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not something to mess around with, go to the Doctor.
  • VeganCoco13
    Options
    Hi all!

I probably didn't give you enough information before!

I am vegan but I net 1800 calories every day, I have done 3 day juice detox's before but not for at least 2 months.
    Unfortunately I don't log here (I'm logging manually for now as I don't have good computer access anymore) but my minerals etc are always on point despite Veganism, I have booked in for a blood test though just to be 100% but I take Omega 3 and multivitamins every day as a precaution.

My workouts are very strenuous, I tend to push myself hard at Crossfit so that might be a factor, I also think you guys are right and maybe I just need MORE food in the morning haha! I might try some protein based food rather than fruit and see if that helps.

I don't think it's blood sugar as I've been checked regularly as I had an operation fairly recently (this was happening pre-op too so no correlation there) and my blood pressure has been checked too and they did monitor my heart and oxygen saturation too so I don't think they're a problem.

Just a bit confused as to what it is damnit! I can't stand not being able to exercise, I'm going to go back tonight (I had to leave my morning class early as I was puking) and see if I'm any better - if I am I might be able to attribute it to food!

Also Running_Free_ please don't over analyse my diary from a juice detox that you vaguely remember me doing months back 1) I'd be amazed if you can actually remember 2) Juice detoxes last a few days max for me so please don't be ridiculous.

Also - definitely not pregnant haha!

Thank you everyone you've been very helpful! xxx
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    It's probably been covered, but more food, earlier in the day might be a good idea - so if you exercise at 9:30 - eat something decent at 7-7:30 and then maybe only have snack like a banana before the actual workout.
    I do ok on just a banana before a run, if i have more time, i mix it into a protein shake and wait 30mins to an hour. But if i don't even have a banana, i suffer...
  • runninghealthy
    runninghealthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Drink more water!!!!!!!

If that doesn't help, try all of these other suggestions, but if it's just simple dehydration you could save yourself a lot of time an pain by just drinking more. If you're exercising in the morning, drink a lot the night before too!!
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    are you taking any medicine OR VITAMINS?

I had those exact same symptoms because I was taking some vitamins then exercising. It made me feel that every time. I started taking the vitamins at night instead and the problem went away.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Definitely go see a doctor.

/EndThread
  • VeganCoco13
    Options
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Ideas? Yes! See a doctor. This is not normal.
  • namealreadytaken88
    Options
    I just started Pure barre and that happened to me too! Hope it gets better with time
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Don't eat before hand. I used to have pre-workout meals and realized they had more of a habit of screwing me up than being a benefit.

So I stopped.

If I have something before a workout it's a protein shake with water.
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I experience these symptoms when my blood sugar levels are low.
    That being said,
    Seeking advice is helpful but when it comes to things like this self diagnosis isn't your best option. Pop in to your doc and put your mind at ease :)
    I hope you figure it out soon I can imagine this is really unpleasant and frustrating.