Need to lose 40lbs in 5 weeks

Options
Hi guys,

Basically, I've lost 10lbs already in 2 weeks and I've been eating around 1,200 calories per day (note, I'm not starving myself and I don't feel hungry, I'm eating food which are low in calories and keep my fuller for longer). I've been exercising around 5 days per week (I've been doing the Boot Camp Calorie Burner exercise which is 30 minutes long and I burn around 310 calories per session).
I'm happy with the weight loss so far but I feel its not quick enough. I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how I can lose more (like what kinds of exercises to do). I go to the gym but when I go to uni I would like to be exercising at home, so if you know any good workout videos on youtube which gives great results and burns a lot of calories then please help me.

Thank you.

Replies

• lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are kidding me right?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Your goal as stated is unrealistic, not to mention unhealthy. Most of what you've lost so far is probably water, maybe some lean mass, but very little of it is fat. Anything above 1-2 pounds lost in a week is not fat.

Reign back your goal before you get yourself demotivated. 10 pounds in one month would be a great goal.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    This is not very possible at all in my opinion nor is it healthy to loose that much in 5 weeks... Keep working out and watching your Cals, Fat and Sodium and maybe in 5 weeks you might see a 20lb loss...
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    In for interesting replies.

Also :noway:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Nothing is that important to put your health at risk. You're body woudn't adjusst to that weight loss without looking terrible. You'd probably gain it all back after that anyway. Sorry no encouragement for unhealthy practices.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Not going to happen. I have lost 5 lbs in one week but I know it will slow after that. Change your goal or you will get discouraged and give up.
  • albdusty
    albdusty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Totally unrealistic! Even if you could lose 20, the last lbs will certainly take longer to lose.
    Just keep exercising and eating at a deficit. It took me 3 months to lose 40 and that was fast already.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    :noway: That's pretty impossible, I think you need to re evaluate your goals, you shouldn't aim to lose more than 1-2lbs a week if you want to keep it off.
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    This is not very possible at all in my opinion nor is it healthy to loose that much in 5 weeks... Keep working out and watching your Cals, Fat and Sodium and maybe in 5 weeks you might see a 20lb loss...

Hmm. Okay then. My friends all managed to drop 2 dress sizes in 1 month and they haven't been starving themselves and they've been working out. So I thought I could do the same.

Overall I'd love to be 40lbs lighter and maintain this weight loss and not go any lower. I thought I could do this quicker. But 20lbs in 5 weeks is also good. It will mean that in almost 2 month I've lost 30lbs.

Thanks for you're response (all of you).
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :noway: That's pretty impossible, I think you need to re evaluate your goals, you shouldn't aim to lose more than 1-2lbs a week if you want to keep it off.

^^^^ This!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    amputation
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    When I was your age (sorry), I went on a VLCD and managed to lose 30 lbs in one month.
    I also managed to lose my gall bladder along with it. And with that operation, I also had a pulmonary embolism that nearly cost me my life.

Please listen to people when they say that severe/quick weight loss can be/is dangerous.

I was so impatient when younger to lose my weight as quickly as possible so I know how you're feeling.
    But believe those of us who are older when we suggest to you to slow down your goal to 1 - 2 lb per week.
    The time will pass quickly anyway and the weight will come off in a much healthier way.
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    Thanks for the response you guys. I tend to lose a lot of weight quickly. Last year I wasn't dieting but I lost 27lbs in 2 months and I wasn't even trying (just eating the foods I enjoy but no snacking). So I thought I could lose some more quicker. But thanks anyway.
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    When I was your age (sorry), I went on a VLCD and managed to lose 30 lbs in one month.
    I also managed to lose my gall bladder along with it. And with that operation, I also had a pulmonary embolism that nearly cost me my life.

Please listen to people when they say that severe/quick weight loss can be/is dangerous.

I was so impatient when younger to lose my weight as quickly as possible so I know how you're feeling.
    But believe those of us who are older when we suggest to you to slow down your goal to 1 - 2 lb per week.
    The time will pass quickly anyway and the weight will come off in a much healthier way.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I feel so under pressure to lose weight so forgive me if I sound impatient.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    amputation
    GAH! Someone beat me to it.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Please update in 5 weeks. I am curious to see if you make your goal
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I feel so under pressure to lose weight so forgive me if I sound impatient.

Why do you feel under pressure to lose weight? You should do this as healthily and comfortably as possible. And please tell me you're at least NETTING 1200 not eating 1200 and exercising 300 to NET 900, because that's what is classified as a very low calorie diet and is very unhealthy.
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    amputation

ROFL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb, the more weight you have to lose, the faster it is to lose, but you'd still have to be pretty heavy to lose 40 lbs in 5 weeks.

Also, losing too fast is usually not healthy, and it's harder to keep the weight off. Slow and steady while learning good eating habits is the key.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I don't think its possible. Maybe another 10-15. Whats the 5 week motivation?