Please help me understand why I'm not losing...

Options
2»

Replies

• Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ideal weight loss is about 1 - 2 pounds a week. I have been at for three months there has been one week where I have gained a pound others where I have lost. For about a two week period I lost .5 and .8 of a pound. However at the end of three months my weight is down over 12 pounds . For me it is steady weight loss in small increments. People who drop too quickly will more than likely eat it all back in starting at the 26 week mark. It is a pattern scientists noted.
    I am like the turtle , it is slow and steady that wins the race.

Also keep in mind weight can change up or down by 2 pounds over the day.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to your goal weight, the more slowly the weight will come off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to your goal weight, the more slowly the weight will come off.
    This. Shoot for 1/4 pound a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Habgirl
    Habgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to try and answer me. I know that being 5'10 and wanting to be 140lbs sounds crazy but I don't have big bones. My middle section is big. No one says I am too thin at all. People who know me have said I have gained weight...including my husband! Everyone's body is different.

I have incorporated some weight lifting into my program and reduced the cardio. I have upped my calories and am making an effort to increase good fats and protein. Hopefully this will make a difference.

I am religious in documenting everything I eat because it keeps me on track. Some have questioned my diary but it is the truth. That is how I eat. I really prefer raw foods with not much in terms of sauces and add ons.