I do so well during the day.......

2»

Replies

• chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    omg... EXACTLY.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    I plan out what I am going to have for the day. I always make sure to eat a little something like a piece of fruit and some nuts on the way home or before I leave work. I drink plenty of water daily so when I get home I am good. I have my food logged so I know if I have extra calories to eat at night and if I am really hungry I might eat a yogurt or something before supper. If I am still hungry at night I find something to distract myself with like laundry, cleaning the kitchen, walking etc.. or I go to bed early. The TV does seem to encourage mindless eating so I don't indulge in that very often unless I am walking on the treadmill. Hope this helps!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    I hear you. Nighttime is the worst. When you're starving, and cooking for the kids, it is so tempting to just grab some crackers or whatever. Just eat fruit when you want something extra, that way you won't wreck your diet and it will fill you up. Or salad with light dressing. Good luck. You probably have more will power than you think.

This^^
    A large filling salad as your evening appetizer while dinner is being prepared. I did it last night and was so full at bedtime still, that I didn't even want my evening ice cream (unheard of!!)
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    I was having the same problem, and this week it seems I've turned it around. What I've done is made sure to have time to exercise at night after work. Once I'm exhausted from that, there's no way in heck I'm going to mess up my day!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    I eat quite a protein rich diet which sees me rarely feeling hungry or too full. All my meals are planned. So if I've made a batch of good home cooked food, I can demolish it with a clear conscience as soon as I get home (in the rare case I do feel hungry)

planning my meals has saved me :-)
  • Wow, that sounds so simple but so true. I kinda knew it in the back of my head that I was snacking at night for no reason, but your reasoning seems correct. Your body is tired so you snack to stay awake. Looks like I simply need to go to sleep on time at night! I'm going to take your advice and run with it. Thanks.
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    I am the same way; I tell my co workers, If I eat a big lunch( which that is what they want to do) I still eat when I get home like I haven't anything. They say when they eat a big lunch they don't eat anything till the next morning. I just can't seem to do that. I read a lot of the suggestions on this post and is going to try some of them. I hope they work cause otherwise, I'm just spinning my wheels. Thanks MFP group.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    What are you eating when you get home? Don't buy it.

Agreed! If you have it in the house, you will likely eat. The will power needs to begin at the grocery store.
  • ladymm40
    ladymm40 Posts: 31
    I sure have enjoyed reading everyone elses suggestions. I might try a few of them myself, since I sturggle in the evening after work as well.

Thanks for sharing everyone.....
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    but when I get off work and get home I bomb. I wish I had better self control. I just feel like I am starving all the time. I was put on a new kind of BC last year and since then I feel like I just cant get full. Maybe its all in my mind and I know I need to work on it. Just wanted to vent a little....Maybe writing it down will help me

Yes, they say keeping a journal does help...pinpoint your weaknesses/strengths and keep as reminders.

Try eating more protein for dinner. Keep up on the water intake! Chew gum! Workout. Stay busy. How much are you eating during the day? If not much for breakfast & lunch, try eating more. If you're eating more, try eating less and more for dinner. I struggle with this too...this is what helps me. Good luck!
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    but when I get off work and get home I bomb. I wish I had better self control. I just feel like I am starving all the time. I was put on a new kind of BC last year and since then I feel like I just cant get full. Maybe its all in my mind and I know I need to work on it. Just wanted to vent a little....Maybe writing it down will help me

I didn't have a chance to read the other comments, so I apologize if this is something that was already said. If you are binging or eating too much when you get home, it's because you're depriving yourself too much during the day. Your brain can't store energy and relies on blood sugar to function. If you don't keep blood sugar steady throughout the day, you're going to have some pretty wild cravings that will result in a lot of hunger. You need to make sure you're on a schedule, and that you're eating enough. You also need to make sure if you're eating a lot of carbs in a meal/snack, that you're balancing that out with some protein to make sure you blood sugar stays level for a longer period of time.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    If you feel hungry all the time, it might help to raise your calories a little - maybe as much as a couple hundred calories. If you're trying to lose two pounds each week, maybe try going down to one pound each week. Also, if you've eaten a full meal and you're still hungry, try getting your favorite fruit(s) or veggie(s) and snack until you're not hungry anymore. It's a low-calorie way to fill up, and it'll keep you full longer than cookies or pastries.

I can't see your diary, so this is all the help I can offer right now. Good luck!

EDIT - another thing that helps me is eating a medium breakfast, large lunch, and medium dinner. I rarely get out-of-control-hungry before my lunch break, but if I don't eat a big lunch, I consume about 200 calories in cookies waiting to go home for dinner. (I work in a bank - we keep sweets for customers.) If you're bombing in the evening - like I was - then maybe it would help if you made lunch your biggest or most protein/veggie-heavy meal.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    I want to try the laughing cow cheese---but I am really not a big cheese person...I used to be but the older i get the less I like it....
This discussion has been closed.