30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Jumping in!

I did day 2 this morning, and I'm still feeling it! I have a bit more energy which is awesome, and I'm real sore but that's what happens, right?

Just a little about me: I'm currently about 300 pounds and can do almost everything but the last two jumping jacks per set, but I'll get there. The butt-kicks are a little much for me so right now I march in place with high knees until I can ease into them.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my DVD to b delivers. Tell me is this DVD a cardio or a strength excises...or both?
  • IntoTheVortex
    Options
    Did level 1 - day 2 today. My legs were preetttty sore, so I figured I was going to have a much harder time.. but it actually was a little easier. Still beat afterwards, but felt great.

I do feel like I want to do something else aswell.. the 29min just feels so short for an entire day? Maybe I'll try Zumba (eventhough I have white girl-moves and will trip over my own feet). Haha. What is everyone else doing; only 30DS, or other programs too?
  • IntoTheVortex
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my DVD to b delivers. Tell me is this DVD a cardio or a strength excises...or both?

It's both :)
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm READY!!! Attempted this once, about 3-4 months ago and messed up my knee on day 8 (and was already seeing results) I cannot stress enough about paying attention to what Jullian she says about NOT overextending your knees. Anywho, ready to give it another go! Waiting on my dvd to arrive in the mail today... Thanks to my precious 3yr old nephew breaking mine into pieces. :-)
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can live with the fact that it's a bit repetitive and that I almost know the words off by heart - what I don't understand is why, at the end of a session, I am sweating from every available pore but Jillian and friends look as fresh as when they started!

I find it helps to curse them and their perfect ponytails. (My hair looks like Beetlejuice's uglier cousin.)
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started 30DS three days ago. On 19th August. I did for two days then missed it yesterday. Will definitely do it today. But i plan to give myself one day off each week. But there is one thing I am kind of surprised about. Everyone is complaining about how sore they are after the first one or two days. But I AM NOT SORE at all!! :huh:

Don't give up! If the beginner moves are easy for you, follow the more advanced moves. Sit lower in your squats. Jump a little higher. Lunge a little faster. You know what I mean.

And if that still isn't challenging, then maybe just do 5 or so days of Level 1 and then move on to Level 2. I've heard it's a BEAST! I'm a little scared, haha.
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is nothing compared to the horror that is Level 3!
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jumping in!

I did day 2 this morning, and I'm still feeling it! I have a bit more energy which is awesome, and I'm real sore but that's what happens, right?

Just a little about me: I'm currently about 300 pounds and can do almost everything but the last two jumping jacks per set, but I'll get there. The butt-kicks are a little much for me so right now I march in place with high knees until I can ease into them.

I think that's the right attitude to have, rather than not doing it at all because your struggling with a small section. Keep at it and you will soon see the results.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Level 3, and I'm having a tough time. I start off trying to follow Natalie, the advanced moves and I do what I can there (usally two or three reps) then I have to take it down a notch and follow Anita (for beginners). I do this on all of the sets, I start off as strong as I can and push until my arms or legs won't do it. Then I stay in the game and I do what I can. I'm basically 23 days in and have lost 2" in my chest, 2" in my waist, 1" in my upper arm, 1/2" in my hips. I gained 5 LBS the first week, I increased my calories from 1200 to 1500. Lost that weight and dropped 41/2 more since then. I have 7 days left.

That's amazing, I would be happy to lose 2" round my middle by the end of the 30 days, you have to let us know your results once you have completed it.

Thank you. I took before pictures and will post them with after pictures. The LBS aren't sliding off so much but the inches are, so it keeps me motivated. Plus I can tell I am so much stronger now.
  • sojazzi22
    Options
    I'm about to start level 3 and I'm terrified lol but I've lost 9lbs so far doing the shred I started incorporating 45 minutes of cardio when I started level 2 and I eat 1200 calories a day here are my results so far

ei8tbs.jpg

z04fk.jpg
  • peachy1717
    peachy1717 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job sojazzi!
    I'm probably coming in way late, but I saw this DVD today and *almost* bought it but felt kind of intimidated, like maybe it would be too hard. Then I found this thread and I thought, what the heck! You all are doing it and getting great results, so I should try it. I'm going out tomorrow morning first thing and buying it! :smile:
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was going to start today but only got a few hours of sleep so I'm starting tomorrow. I'm nervous
  • sojazzi22
    Options
    Thanks! It is a hard start but once u get past like day 3 it really isn't that bad I hate level 2 because I hate planks but I also hate jumping jacks they're not so forgiving on my knees
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, today was meant to be day one, but I was being checked out for appendicitis, which they think I don't have, but aren't sure yet:( I guess this'll be put on hold til I get the all clear
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Ow ow ow ow.

How can I do this again today? Feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Hope you're better soon Funken.
  • dkalita
    dkalita Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't give up! If the beginner moves are easy for you, follow the more advanced moves. Sit lower in your squats. Jump a little higher. Lunge a little faster. You know what I mean.

And if that still isn't challenging, then maybe just do 5 or so days of Level 1 and then move on to Level 2. I've heard it's a BEAST! I'm a little scared, haha.
    [/quote]

Yes u r right. I really should maybe do the advanced moves. Yesterday my (fitter,leaner and more athletic) hubby was actually physically forcing me to do lower squats (i so hated him then!) I have 7 more days of level 1. I will complete it and then move to Level 2. :smokin:
  • dkalita
    dkalita Posts: 35 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Yes u r right. I really should maybe do the advanced moves. Yesterday my (fitter,leaner and more athletic) hubby was actually physically forcing me to do lower squats (i so hated him then!) I have 7 more days of level 1. I will complete it and then move to Level 2. :smokin:
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing results Sojazzi especially after 19 days :)

I completed day 3 lv1 and it seemed a little easier, still watching the clock but I feel fantastic all day knowing I got through it.

A few aches but nothing to unbearable, it tells me at least I've been working out.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just bought the DVD a cpl days ago... Not sure if I wanna start it 2morrow or Monday when my son starts school but I'm excited 2 try it!!! It sounds SUPER tough!!!