Replies

• Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bumping for yummy goodness later.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Will someone tell me how you "bump". I've lost so many connections on post. Thank you.

As far as I know, the only real way to retrieve a bumped topic is to go to the "My Topics" section of the Message Board. And there you can see the topics you've replied to. I wish there was a save button or something similar but this is the only way I know of.
  • crystalcoyote59
    Options
    maybe Im being dense but isn't the object to loose weight? how does cake figure into that? sorry just wondering lol
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    oh joy! 5 minute single serving carrot cake :drinker:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/04/03/five-minute-carrot-cake-for-one/
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    maybe Im being dense but isn't the object to loose weight? how does cake figure into that? sorry just wondering lol

You can still *lose* weight while enjoying good, yummy food. Just don't eat the entire cake. :wink:
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Personally I can't give up everything or I will end up binging like crazy. So if you allow for it in calories, then why not have it every now and then?
  • connieleavens
    connieleavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • crystalcoyote59
    Options
    good point I just have to cut that sort of thing out as Im on the south beach diet, so no carbs except whats in fruit.
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

Ive made this so many times and it comes out PERFECT! you could always play around with it and swap the muscavo sugar for something like stevia...do the icing with blitzed banana and lemon juice with stevia or some other alternative, because the other ingrediants are that bad..
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    in for cake <3
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Dear sweet lord baby jesus. And I am about to eat a string cheese??? What is wrong with me?!?!?!!?
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Oh and so everyone knows I put in all of the ingredients for this and if you make it into 16 even slices it comes out to be 690 cals per slice. In case anyone wanted to know. :) And the whoopee pies are 190 a piece!! I know what I am making for my daughter's birthday next month!!!!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    carrot cake with cream cheese icing is my all-time favourite!
  • sistasuga
    Options
    If you juice with carrots, use the pulp from them.
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump. Carrot Cake!!! Yummy.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I made this for my boyfriend's birthday last year. It came out pretty good, but very moist.

Carrot Cake w/ Creamy Frosting - From The 400-Calorie Fix Cookbook
    240 calories/slice - 9 square slices

1. Preheat oven to 350 and coat 8x8" pan with cooking spray.
    2. Combine 2/3 cup all-purpose flour + 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour + 1 tsp. baking soda + 1 tsp. ground cinnamon + 1/4 tsp. salt in small bowl.
    3. Separately, whisk together 1 egg + 1 egg white + 1/2 cup granulated sugar + 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar + 1/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt + 1 tbsp. canola oil + 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Stir in 8 oz. crushed pineapple (packed in juice) + 1 cup grated carrot (approx. 1 carrot).
    4. Add flour mixture to carrot mixture and blend. Add to pan and bake approx. 45 min. Cool in pan for 30 min. and invert cake onto plate to cool for another 30 min.
    5. For frosting, blend 6 oz. Neufchatel cheese + 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar + 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract in small bowl with fork or whisk until smooth. Spread frosting on cake and cut into 9 squares.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!!!