Apple Cider Vinegar!

Options
13»

Replies

• Harmonynichole
    Harmonynichole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Braggs organic which comes diluted to 5% acidity. I add one tbsp. Braggs to an 8 oz glass of water and stir in a tbsp. of local raw honey for a morning drink before breakfast. I do not take it every day and if I did it would only be for a short period, say 15 days. I also do not heat the drink because that will kill all the good benefits from the local honey. This is not for weight loss, but is just a good health aligner if you are having digestive issues.
  • bdubbers
    bdubbers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also use the Braggs Organic ACV with the Mother. I put a tbsp in a 20z cup of ice water and drink it slowly. I find it helps curb my hunger but that may just be placebo. I am doing well in my workout program but it is difficult to quantify if the ACV is making an actual difference.

However, I am using a diluted ACV solution as a hair rinse after shampooing my hair and my regular hair stylist recently complimented me on how smooth and healthy my hair is looking and asked what I was using.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use ACV for cooking black beans, it is just one of the ingredients.

Good luck in your journey
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    I drink it in at least 8 oz of water (or apple flavored zero calorie life water). I add a bunch of liquid stevia drops to it and then it tastes really good. Like apple juice with a kick.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I hear it can burn off warts/skin tags.....don't quote me on that though.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    i read that it helps with reducing lactic acid buildup in muscles. not sure if thats true or not? I get leg cramps a lot in the middle of the night so I'm happy to try anything as a preventative measure.
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started using it to 2 years, I was simply curious about the hype around apple cider vinegar. Some people had mentioned taking 2 tablespoons in the morning, straight or diluted in water: tried both ways, gag! I cannot stand sugar, honey or anything of the kind, it makes me grind my teeth (I am weird that way), so I tried 2 tablespoons of ACV, with same amount of Splenda in 2 cups of water first thing in the morning and you know what, it really help clearing up my skin (I have been an acne sufferer since I was 10 - I am 46). On that end, it is working for me! Cannot say it helped my digestion at all though... or anything else.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    I heard if you put a cup of ACV in a warm bath it helps draw out toxins ... LoL
  • Dechant63
    Options
    Mixed with water and on as much food as possible.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I put 2 tablespoons in a small glass and add 1/4c Ocean Spray Cranberry, Blueberry and Blackberry juice and drink this mixture, it tastes great, actually gives the juice a bit of a zing. I use it to cut my acid indigestion, I drink it a 1/2 hour before bed time.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I drink it when I have heartburn, indigestion, or gas. It helps tremendously. I mix a tablespoon of honey with a bit of hot water to dissolve the honey then I add a tablespoon of organic acv (with the mother), ice, and a cup or two of cold water. It's a refreshing drink.
    You should not drink it straight. It should always be diluted with water.

Ditto to this! Use the ACV- with the mother, found in the health food store in your city.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people are being so snarky about this? If the girl wants to drink ACV, let her do it.

I do it, from time to time, but really only because I like the taste, and it's easier to get a glass of water down me prior to meals than without it. I don't care about the science that exists, or does not exist, behind it, I DO feel satiated sooner and stay satiated until my next meal doing it. I don't even care if it's just a type of a placebo effect.

I do what works for me.

Maybe, she's just trying something new that may/may not work for her. Jeez!

Lol, I was wondering the same thing! People seem angry about her use of ACV. I have found that a tablespoon helps with heartburn more so than pepcid, etc.

I didn't realize it helped with heartburn? I would have taken it last night considering I decided to eat A TON of sautéed spinach, and it wasn't digesting well. I couldn't help it. It was so tasty, but so oniony and garlicky, which made it so tasty! LOL!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I drink it when I have heartburn, indigestion, or gas. It helps tremendously. I mix a tablespoon of honey with a bit of hot water to dissolve the honey then I add a tablespoon of organic acv (with the mother), ice, and a cup or two of cold water. It's a refreshing drink.
    You should not drink it straight. It should always be diluted with water.

Yeah, drinking it straight is not on my agenda ever! It's way better to drink 1 tbsp. in a full glass of water. When I was a kid, my dad used to get pissed at me, because I'd drink the pickle juice out of the jar and re-fill it with water. Not sure what HIS problem was? :laugh:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Then don't drink it. Not everyone eats double servings of peanut butter Pop-tarts as part of a healthy lifestyle, and not everyone drinks alkaline vinegars. To each his own.
    yeah, but people that make pb poptarts fit into their diet aren't posting about how they're diet miracles either.

ACV makes a great marinade for pork and can clean windows pretty well. Aside from that, there's no magical weight loss bonus to it. If OP wants to drink it, awesome... I'd recommend a straw, though.

Thank you. Well said.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Never ingest acv undiluted. Not good.

2tbps acv, 8oz (or more) hot water, 1 tbsp honey.

Magic elixir? Yes! When I crave red wine but don't want to open a whole bottle...poof. It makes my craving go away. Thank you Mr. Bragg. :happy:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm adding this to my daily routine after learning I have fibroids and a hormone imbalance. Apparently acv helps with both. It's worth a try!