Any other folks with mental illness want to be friends?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i am currently in recovery for an eating disorder, hopefully that does not bother you. as well as diagnosed with mood disorder nos. depression at times but that's mostly hand in hand with the mood disorder.
  • carolin_smith
    carolin_smith Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI IM CAROLINE AND FROM THE UK
    HAVE HAD MODERATE DEPRESSION SINCE I WAS BOUT 16. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!:smile:
  • shellsies93
    Options
    i'm bipolar. I love meeting people dealing with the same issues as me; they understand things that no one else really does. anyone can add me!! :)
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 yr old who's newly diagnosed bi polar and anxiety disorder and ADHD and I've looked every where try to find ways to help him and I'd love to be able to get help and input from
    Others. I sometimes feel there's no light at the end of the tunnel for him.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request!

I'm diagnosed with mood disorder NOS.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hey-oooo, bipolar II over here.
  • QueenMaryam04
    QueenMaryam04 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Been depressed since teens family life makes it harder,but I'm determined to fight for my freedom add me
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Bipolar Mania. Diagnosed in 2000.
  • judge69
    Options
    hi, you will soon have more friends than you know what to do with!! i'm sending request as well, i started diet and running to help me get over a 10 year Amphetamine habit xx good luck xx
  • QueenMaryam04
    QueenMaryam04 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here feel free to add me.
    Everyone can add me too female only please(not hating)
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Battled with severe depression since the age of 17.
    At a good place in my life right now and living without medication going on 4 years. Still have down periods but can get a handle them now because of my amazing husband who helps me!
    Anyone, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • kahulalui
    kahulalui Posts: 33
    Options
    Bipolar

I gain weight every single time I suffer a loss and can't get out of bed.

You can add me too.

*Sorry I bumped the thread.*
  • GhostDancer33
    GhostDancer33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Depression and GAD :) Friend request sent.
  • BekShark
    BekShark Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Biploar 2 here, would appreciate friends in the same boat. Dpression tends to make me binge! Send me requests. :)
  • yourpalsoap
    Options
    I have borderline personality disorder (and all the depression and anxiety that comes along with it!!!!) so you're welcome to add me. Planning everything I do helps prevent dissociating so I plan all my meals ahead of time :---)
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Major depressive disorder, social anxiety, panic/anxiety disorder... etc., perhaps. I'm not doing my weight loss/exercise specifically to treat myself, but it does help sometimes. Truthfully, if I can get Medi-Cal, I will probably speak to my PCP about getting back on my anti-depressant and an anxiolytic. Maybe... I don't want that to get in the way of my plans for when I reach my goal weight next year.

In August 2011 (around the time of my Grandpa's death :cry:), I was also in a car accident with my sisters while one of them was driving. It wasn't the worst accident, I admit, but the whole experience was extremely traumatic for me. I believe that it gave me PTSD or similar symptoms, but I rarely say that to people because I don't think they will believe me. I am only calm in a car when I am the one driving, and more specifically, driving on surface streets or on the freeway/highway in no traffic to mild/moderate traffic. If anyone else is driving, I almost always have a death grip on the door handle, my seatbelt, or something else. I make frequent use of an invisible brake (funny, I guess... the one I imagine is like one in a driving instructor's car), gasp when I'm scared, panic about red brake lights, or ask whoever's driving to slow down. It drives my family nuts. :(
    ... I hope it was ok to talk about that. :embarrassed: I feel like I shouldn't have.

If Combat PTSD counts, im in

It does. Anyone who would say it doesn't is foolish. Thank you very much for your service, sir. :)
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Bipolar disorder here! Anyone can add me, just include a message please. :flowerforyou:
  • KymbaKhan
    KymbaKhan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi K8, Your post is super brave and honest, and it's like a little blip beacon - thank you!
  • MisspelledMe
    MisspelledMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Another with the depression and generalized anxiety types of crazybrain. Been battling both for about three years, but I've probably been dealing with them for a lot longer. It sucks.

Wish I could send my brain back and demand a refund and a replacement, but they'd probably try to give me counterfeit money and the same brain. And yet I still don't want to hand it over to the zombies. Guess I'm stuck with this one.

I like friends. Anyone's welcome to add me. :)