No More Excuses -- Week 45

Options
Another good week for everyone, Tammy and AMCMillan get biggest loser honors.

I gained a little this week but I did have an accomplishment. Today I bench pressed 195 pounds which is more than my weight, so for that I am excited. I have been real bad lately about getting my running in. Work has been crazy, and I have not been abiding by the theme of the forum. Tomorrow I run, hopefully I can get in all 5k.

MFP-46.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• xcbballuver
    Options
    bump
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack and congrats on your bench press accomplishment! Even though I can't do it anymore due to injury, bench has always been my favorite.

It's been a fairly good week thus far as I have been getting my workouts in each night and sticking to my calories for the most part. Like I have said many times before, I do GREAT during the week and then the weekends kill me. I am determined to get back down to where I was a few months ago by Christmas which is about 10 pounds lighter. Especially since I always gain 5 pounds during the holidays anyway. :)

Hope everyone has a great active week and weekend. Hawkeye
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Last week was good... this week is not going so well :(
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hi. Gotta a lot of work to do today so will get back on later. Congrats to the losers. Great job on the bench press Jack! My goal this week is to exercise 5 days and log all my food. Have a great day!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!!! Off to a much better week this week. Should be down!!! ;)
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    not so good this week. :( we have been so busy we have eaten out 3 times this week. hopefully i dont gain and can at least stay the same.
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    TGIF Team,

I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend! The temp. is suppose to finally dip below 90 here and should be great weather for outdoor activities. Not sure what everyone else has planned, but be sure to get out there and do something active this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Hawkeye
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Doing great. Staying within my cals, have a good exserise program set up on spark, have dropped 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Weighed in on sept 10 at 163.6 and this friday was 158.6.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    WOW....All I can say is I'm glad Homecoming week is over! GEEZ....what a crazy week. And it ended with a win for our boys Friday night. It was awesome. I am probably the only 49 year old woman that gets so excited over high school sports!!!! Once a Tiger Always a Tiger!!!!

Anyway...I did get to CURVES 3 times last week which I was pleased about. Now my goal for the coming week is to keep on keeping on!!!! I will weigh in in the morning since it has been so crazy I am hoping it won't be as bad as my previous weeks!!! ;)

Have a great evening!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Monday... I am down another 2 pounds this week, yeah!! Things are finally moving. I am staying within cals and exercising 4 days a week. I'd like to add on a little something on my off days from boot cap but haven't yet. Maybe this week. Hope you all are doing well.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Tammy;
    I LOVE your new profile Pic!!!! CUTE CUTE!!!

I am down a couple this week as well. THANK GOODNESS is all I can say! Hope everyone has a great week!

Ann
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Not logging a weigh in today... had a stressful/emotional week.... and def did not eat the way I should. I also started a little weight training Saturday (still sore) so I know that'll start to mess with the scale too! I need to keep reminding myself it's not always about the number on the scale... and I didn't gain this overnight I won't lose it overnight.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Tammy;
    I LOVE your new profile Pic!!!! CUTE CUTE!!!

I am down a couple this week as well. THANK GOODNESS is all I can say! Hope everyone has a great week!

Ann

Thanks! Congrats on the weight loss. I finally got motivated. My only hope is that I can stay that way.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Not logging a weigh in today... had a stressful/emotional week.... and def did not eat the way I should. I also started a little weight training Saturday (still sore) so I know that'll start to mess with the scale too! I need to keep reminding myself it's not always about the number on the scale... and I didn't gain this overnight I won't lose it overnight.

You are right. I forget that a lot. It took me 2-1/2 years to gain this weight and it will take a while to lose it. You will have a better week next week:flowerforyou:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I did the same thing about holding off on weighing in until I thought I was okay. NOT.....But you know what....It is okay! We all have days (or weeks) like that and believe me I am the Queen of them!!! ;) The important thing is that you are back at it and are still here. Don't loose sight of your goal and it will all work out.

Even when I gained some back, i told myself that at least I knew I was feeling better because of the exercise and being conscious of what was going in my mouth even if it was the wrong stuff at times.

Here is to all of us having a better week!!!! ;)
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone!

I hope you are having a great active week thus far. I fell off track a bit over the past few weeks, but am back on track this week which is just what I needed. It's amazing how easy it is to fall back into the old routine of eating whatever and whenever. I recently got into the bad habit of not tracking my food in the evenings and weekends and what a huge mistake that was for me. I don't yet have the discipline to not keep track of everything I put into my mouth. I am proud of myself however that I have been diligently going to the gym.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning Team!

Here's to a happy Wednesday to everyone! This week is going better food wise for me, but I still haven't gotten back to all my walking I was doing! I agree Hawkeye......It is very easy to fall back into old routines! Now it seems Monday and Tuesday nights are consumed with TV....I am addicted to Dancing with the Stars and Castle!!! I think I am going to start exercising during commercials again. That always seems to help!

Was out of the office most of yesterday so better get back to it! Have a great day!!!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Wednesday...I went to lunch yesterday with my aunts and sister. We went thrifting and did a lunch buffet. I had smaller portions but I'm sure it was way too much. We had a great time though. I found an antique dresser with mirror and I am trying to find out how old it is now. I did P90X yoga today for the first time in boot camp and it is very hard. I have never done yoga before and this was pretty advanced. I did the best I could. I feel like I got a good workout but MFP doesn't count very many cals for yoga. I was sweating puddles lol. Hope you all have a great week.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D2 of C25K today. Going to start a different workout plan on Monday. I am going to do C25K on MWF, and 30 day shred on TTHS, still keeping Sunday as a rest day. Will prob do at least 20min on treadmill on shred days. And I will still continue to my crunches, squats, and pushups. Will give this plan a go for the month of October and see how it goes.

Tammy - I as well love the new profile pic.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Is a HRM really worth it? If so... what one is best... while being the cheapest? haha