Oatmeal

Options
Yesterday I discovered how amazing oatmeal is for you! I was full straight thru till lunch and had incredible energy all day!
The only thing is, oatmeal is kind of bland. I've tried mixing chocolate protein powder and also the protein powder combined with natural peanut butter and loved both!. Any other suggestions to help make it yummy?

Replies

• drinkfreshwater
    Options
    Yesterday I discovered how amazing oatmeal is for you! I was full straight thru till lunch and had incredible energy all day!
    The only thing is, oatmeal is kind of bland. I've tried mixing chocolate protein powder and also the protein powder combined with natural peanut butter and loved both!. Any other suggestions to help make it yummy?
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Do you eat regular outmeal or the flavored ones? I love the flavored ones, they do about double the calories (but you'll go from 60cals to 120 so not a huge deal) but they're really good. You could also try hunny and a little brown sugar or cinnamon.
  • king4ar
    king4ar Posts: 25
    Options
    I like to cut up an apple and mix the small slices in with cinnamon.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ive tried it.. i just cant get past the texture.. there are many days when my family is eating it and i say.. i wishhhh i like oatmeal.. i just cant!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I usually just sprinkle cinnamon on top of of mine. I heard cinnamon is good for your metabolism plus I like it with my oatmeal.
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There are an Apple Cinnamon and Maple & Brown Sugar sugar free versions I eat everyday and love it. I drop in a tablespoon of flaxseed oil and chow down.
  • sarolyna
    sarolyna Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually have a bit of honey, and a 1/4 cup skim milk. So sweet and yummy!
  • amthomas17
    Options
    You can also try mixing in some sugar-free maple syrup. It sweetens up the oatmeal with very few calories!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I make my oatmeal with skim milk instead of water. I add fresh strawberries, banana, or frozen wild blueberries. I also sprinkle a little splenda on top.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning. I used to eat it with mixed frozen berries but now I'm loving it with a diced banana and cinnamon.

Very filling and yummy!!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    mmm i craaave oatmeal every morning. 1/2 mashed banana and 1 tbsp. peanut butter with a little splenda.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have a pack of oatmeal EVERY MORNING pretty much (work days). I buy the low sugar variety pack... they're good! :)
  • drinkfreshwater
    Options
    oh wow these are great ideas, thanks guys!
    Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow! :smile:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I only eat Steel Cut Oats, and I put either sliced up apples or bananas with cinnamon, or strawberries with splenda. I love it . It's very filling.
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the vanilla almond and rice milks... A little bit of cinnamon or fruit w/ either of them is pretty good