TREAT YOURSELF

Options
I am one of those women who wears sweats and t-shirts with a pair of sneakers. For the past couple of years I have let make up go as well. All of this is due to the fact that I was told that fat people look dumpy no matter what. So really why should I have bothered?

Today I went to the store and bought some new "mommy" t-shirts for around the house and I went from a 4x to a 2x without knowing it. How would I know I continued to wear the larger size. After that I went and got 2 new bras but the greatest purchase was 2 pairs of cute boot/shoes. I never buy shoes I never buy clothes why bother.

Now my next job is going to get into a pair of jeans and feel like a real soccer mom when i go watch the girls play. Do something nice for yourself.... go but a piece of clothes that you would normally not think about because "fat people look dumpy"

Once you realize you dont look the way society says you should it will give you a whole new boost and a great feeling.

Debbie

Replies

• kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! A big part of self-motivation for me is feeling good. Not just healthy but mentally positive. Wearing clothes that make you feel good or put together can keep you from feeling sloppy and stop the loser-fat-girl mentality. Whether I want to or not, I try everyday to look semi-put together because of this.

Great post to think about/remind yourself of! Thanks!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    That's a great way to motivate! I went shopping awhile ago and tried on pants. The next size down is so close..so I didn't buy those. I DID treat myself to a pair of adorable flats and a new sweater for a job well done so far :-)

Keep up the awesome work!!! You're doing fantastic!!!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to wear mens clothes, dumpy jeans and tshirts, no makeup. No jewelry. Bland colors. Now that I'm smaller, I'm finaly learning to wear colors and accessorise (at age 23!) I'm wearing purses and cute bags more, coordinating cute jewelry and overall getting lots of compliments! I'm between the plus size section and regular womens now, which is frustrating sometimes, but overall just great because now I have to check both sections..:laugh: More stuff to look at! Now that I'm smaller I've discovered the joy of dressing nice and feeling good about myself.

Pedicures, clothes and accessories are my new treat, instead of cake! and it feels GREAT! :drinker:
  • HI Debbie!! I'm kind of like that too, but partly for other reasons than just the weight issue. I have only lost about 3lbs since being on MFP (about 35 before that) so I'm not at the point of smaller sizes yet, but I'll get there! Congrats on your great accomplishments, and on becoming a classic soccer mom!! Have fun with the new outfits, and the new DEBBIE!!

KIM
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I personally have a ton of VERY CUTE clothes from when I was smaller around, so I can shop in my own closet....but what I am noticing now is that, I wanna do my hair, nails and makeup now...I am a cosmetologist. I felt that being so big who would wanna come to me for their beauty needs.....15 lbs down and I did my nails......gonna go do my hair today, still not gonna put makeup on, I am home and it is costly....so when I go out!

Good for you for treating yourself well.....all of ya

:flowerforyou:
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    I don't know who told you that about looking dumpy regardless of what you wear, but from my perspective that couldn't be farther from the truth. I see people in all shapes and sizes that look fan dam tastic!!!!

Anyone who says things like that are just trying to compensate for the own short comings and insecurites.