Annoyed

Options
Anyone else find it offensive that there are these huge Domino's Pizza banners on this website sometimes? Shouldn't it rather be Subway, if anything like that at all?

One single slice of boring ol' cheese pizza has over 400 calories in it, and I personally can finish the whole medium pizza myself chased down by 2 cups of Coke...

Sorry, had to vent, especially cause I am seeing it now and TOM is coming up and pizza is one of my vices.

Replies

• starstealing
    Options
    ha, i LOVE pizza too. : X

i get annoyed with so many of the ads on this site that i've learned to block it out. i try to remember that the ads are how the site stays free, so they can't really control (specifically) the content in those spaces.

but feel free to vent girl, it's annoying!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm not annoyed because it's those ads that keep this site free. MFP doesn't choose what ads are shown - it's a Google service where the ads actually depend on the content of the MFP pages you are visiting - key words/phrases can trigger certain ads.

Think of it this way - you have to deal with temptation in real life, too, so this is another way to exercise your "saying no" muscle!
  • i agree so annoying!! i'm a sucker for pizza and crave it all the time! grr....
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've never had any pizza ads... The one that's always on my page is a giant bowl full of cookies :grumble:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The one I really hate is the fat belly ad where the woman goes from fat to thin over and over and over…
    But it keeps the site free. Which is a plus for me.
  • amscobra
    Options
    HA! I see a big add for Donuts on my page right now. Evil!
  • taosan
    taosan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just a tip:

If you use Firefox and get the free AdblockPlus plugin you won't see one single ad. Squeaky clean white and blue :)

Firefox > Tools > AddOns
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    The one I really hate is the fat belly ad where the woman goes from fat to thin over and over and over…
    But it keeps the site free. Which is a plus for me.

Whenever I see that one I wait and say "that's me!" and "that's what I want to look like" at the appropraite times :) lol
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Taosan, I just downloaded that and it really works!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Ads for fatty delicious junk foods annoy me too. So do the ads for fad diets we all know don't work.

But I just remember that this wonderful site is free thanks to those ads..and I block them out :-)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The joys of using Ad-Blockers on Firefox... I installed it within 5 minutes of installing Firefox the first time.
  • MandiWS
    Options
    That WOULD be annoying!! Fortunately, I don't have those food ads on my screen tempting my willpower, but I do have ads for Old Navy and other shopping websites....I'm having a hard time NOT clicking on them to shop and spend money that I don't have on clothes that I'm hoping will be too big on me as long as I keep up my hard work!
  • tater8589
    Options
    I understand... My husband is getting better, but keeps forgeting that I am trying not to eat that kind of stuff.. And our roomate keeps bringing it in and eating it infront of me, even offering me some. I know they don't mean to be so 'mean', but it is really annoying sometimes. I eat it too, cause I dont' want to cook for just me and am not good about eating left overs.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I'm not annoyed because it's those ads that keep this site free. MFP doesn't choose what ads are shown - it's a Google service where the ads actually depend on the content of the MFP pages you are visiting - key words/phrases can trigger certain ads.

Think of it this way - you have to deal with temptation in real life, too, so this is another way to exercise your "saying no" muscle!
    Great POV Trenton!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yeah I mostly am able to block the ads out as well. But I love pizza as well! Yumm!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person in the world that dislikes pizza??? :laugh:

:wink:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

You're the first one I've met. :bigsmile:

I have a recipe for homemade pizza dough that makes a complete 12" pizza crust with only 250 calories...so adding light sauce, low fat cheese, and veggies, I get my fix every now and then. :happy:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I seriously don't even think about the ads until I see another post complaining about them. :laugh:
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Girl, you aint right! lol
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    nope not one bit. Those annoying ads keep this website plus many others free. I don't pay no mind to them