stomach fat

Options
2»

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you tend to store fat in your tummy and not in your hips, then going with a low-carb diet may get you there. It worked for me when I used South Beach Diet in 2005. Right on the cover of the book it says "Lose the Belly Fat First".

southbeach.jpg

oh. It says it on the cover, so it must be true.
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, "Abs are made in the kitchen." The only way to reduce stomach fat is to reduce overall body fat. We all have a six pack under that layer of fat.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lipo. Or cardio which will allow you to lose all over including your stomache.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I really wish there were a way to spot reduce belly fat. I close my eyes, I click my heels, and unfortunately it's still not so. I noticed my arms and legs get thinner first. It made my belly appear even larger in comparison, even though the measuring tape said my stomach was getting smaller too. Keeping at it eventually got my stomach fat down, and I didn't look so disproportionate.

Now I save all of my wishing power for candy bars that make you gain weight in the boobs.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options

It worked for me when I used SBD in 2005. Like I said, though, it depends on where your fat is stored. If your fat tends to store in your belly, SBD will work. If it goes to your butt and thighs, not so much. The OP is looking for tips. I shared my experience. No need to get all p!ssy about it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The best results I have seen, and I creep though A LOT of pages is using the following in some fashion.

best results for flat tummy.

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

Those don't spot reduce either, sorry.

Two things make a tummy flat or not flat:

Posture
    body fat

Ok there is a third:

Gas or no gas

Oh, and fourth:
    A full belly can look round as you start to lean out. Actually even a full bladder can round you out

LOL! I dont' think he was saying they spot reduce as much as he was saying to lift heavy. Read between the lines please.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    lowering your body fat % is the only way really.

or suck it in! ;)

I'll opt for B. Much easier.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    If you tend to store fat in your tummy and not in your hips, then going with a low-carb diet may get you there. It worked for me when I used South Beach Diet in 2005. Right on the cover of the book it says "Lose the Belly Fat First".

southbeach.jpg

Because the publisher and author have no stake in whether or not hte book sells. Anything they put in/on the book must be true. No bias.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Because the publisher and author have no stake in whether or not hte book sells. Anything they put in/on the book must be true. No bias.

You're not reading what I wrote.

I said that it did, in fact, work that way for me.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    :heart: my tread milltells me im burning 145calories with my workout so 2x145=395 daily

2 x 145 = 290
    science!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The best results I have seen, and I creep though A LOT of pages is using the following in some fashion.

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

Posture
    body fat

Ok there is a third:

Gas or no gas

Oh, and fourth:
    A full belly can look round as you start to lean out. Actually even a full bladder can round you out

LOL! I dont' think he was saying they spot reduce as much as he was saying to lift heavy. Read between the lines please.

Those excercises are definetly the best way to lower bodyfat thru heavy lifting.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

Posture
    body fat

Ok there is a third:

Gas or no gas

Oh, and fourth:

Lol right back at you. I am well aware that these compound lifts are the best thing one can do overall, and that with the right diet and those moves you don't need to waste time on crunches.

However you can easily out-eat these moves just like any other exercise, and never get a flat stomach. These moves do not "burn fat" any more than any other exercises. An energy deficit "burns fat".

Abs are made in the kitchen, and while DL's are great, and way more effective for your effort than doing crunches, they aren't going to automatically guarantee a flat stomach.

Way to miss the point of someone who gets what is said and wants to focus on what really matter: the calorie deficit. Well, and posture, which is super ****ty in most people and accentuates the belly.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Can't target fat loss. Lose fat all over and work on core-strengthening exercises so you have a nice toned middle to show off when all the fat is gone!
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    Unfortunately there's no way to do that. It'll go away slowly with the rest of the fat you're trying to lose.

Genetics have a lot to do with where you lose your weight first, it's very random. I lucked out and I lose a little bit everywhere as I go.
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Can't be done. You don't target fat. You reduce overall body fat. Stomach is often the last place to go.

This!!!.... If there was a way to spot reduce Id have done so on my mommy muffin top from three kids years ago.... just work hard and get your body fat % down.. the lower your bf% the smaller and smaller it will get... :)

Good luck!