Really annoyed with myself GIVE ME A BOOT!!!!

Options
Hi

I'm really annoyed with myself. I've been doing really well, lots of exercise, eating healthily, not really losing weight but changing shape which I'm really happy with. I mildly injured my achillies last week and had to spend a week in a rubbish boot which really knocked me as I couldn't run like I usually do.

Anyway, the boot is off and I can start running, gently and short distances (which I'm happy about), but I keep on eating rubbish foods - like cookies, pizza, more bread than usual, doughnuts etc!!! I'm really angry with myself as I'm getting married in 14 weeks and (you'd have thought!!!) this would really motivate me to stick to my healthy eating!!!

I'm hoping that by putting a post on here will help me realise what a plank I've been and stop me in my tracks before I shove another biscuit in my mouth.

I need to start preparing my lunches again, eat better, drink more water and STOP with the biscuits.

There, I've vented and feel better now. If anyone would like to give me a boot up the a** feel free - I need it!!!

Thanks for listening :-)

Replies

• caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Do you remember that feeling... the one after a run where you feel hot and sweaty and great and nothing can stop you? Your lungs feel clean, your body feels strong, your resolve is set?...Yeah, donuts arent going to give you that, just, you know, put them down, back away slowly and go so some sweating.

:)
  • NicksWTB
    NicksWTB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good answer!! Thanks - I'm going for a run after work for DEFFO!!!! :-)
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me too, i cant wait :)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There's a BACK ON TRACK challenge starting today for 4 weeks. Have a look in groups.

We weighed in today and I'm sure you can get added if that's the sort of thing you need.
  • NicksWTB
    Options
    There's a BACK ON TRACK challenge starting today for 4 weeks. Have a look in groups.

We weighed in today and I'm sure you can get added if that's the sort of thing you need.

I've just asked to be added - it looks like the kind of challenge I need and I'm ready for it!!!

• BRVERDUZ
    Options
    Are those foods laying around, I call people around me Sabatours, They try to sabatage my plan, Remember the bad foods are made easy to hold, ready to eat, 1 min micro etc they even fit in the hand and have an easy open easy eat feature,, Think about the next meal hours before and stick to it, Good luck with the Wedding Im sure you ll get to where you want to be...
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    GIBBS SLAP! (Sent with love!)

Gibbsslap.gif
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Think of it as weaning yourself off those lovely, treacherous starchy carbs.... it's a process, but sooner begun, sooner done. Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials! :happy:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    CUT THE CRAP!!!!!!!
  • westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Be a bit kinder to yourself, if you are getting marrried soon you are probably under more than a bit of stress already and in my experience putting yourself under more stress will only make things worse. If you eat something you shouldn't, just make sure your next meal/snack is super healthy. As you start to feel a bit better with your injury you will be able to build up your fitness again, but in the meantime getting angry will probably only make you want to eat (saying this as someone who has had 2 knee surgeries!). Stick with it, relax and enjoy the run up (no pun intended) to your wedding, I am sure you will be a very happy, glowing bride.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just keep picturing the wedding dress ;) and think, once you have actually got married, you'll certainly be entitled to a celebratory bit of cake so it's not "forever"
  • NicksWTB
    Options
    thanks everyone - it's more than helpful advice, and I'm restraining myself and planning out some healthy meals.

I can't wait to get married and am off dress shopping tomorrow.

As we say in the West Midlands "on it, like a car bonnet"!!!

:-)