What am I doing wrong?

Options
Hello everyone! So, I think I've tried every diet known to man and nothing seems to work. In 4 years, I've lost and gained the same 5-10lbs and nothing sticks. I was wondering if anyone could have helpful suggestions regarding my diet, since that always seems to be the problem.

Breakfast:
Smoothie - (1 1/2 cup spinach, 3/4 cup pineapple, half a banana, 1tbsp flaxseed & 1 cup coconut water - blended. )

Snack:
egg salad (one egg, one egg white mixed with 1 tsp canola oil mayo) and 4 akmak crackers.

Lunch:
Center pork loin (4oz) grilled with a little olive oil and grilled bell peppers or homemade cauliflower mash

snack:
fage yogurt and some sort of fruit

dinner:
taco salad. (ground turkey, with "clean" taco seasoning, black beans, tomatoes, a little corn and romaine lettuce

If i have a chocolate craving, I'll have a piece of dark chocolate. But I try to stay under 1300 calories and with the exception of the mayo and yogurt I try to eat as natural as possible.

I'm 180lbs and only 5'1 so I have a lot to lose but I'm not seeing any changes. I've been on this particular meal plan for about 2 weeks. For exercise, I do zumba and free weights 3x week. Please let me know if you have any suggestions... is this too much carbs?

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The question is what were you eating before? Do you weigh and log all your food? Were you always at 1300 calories all these 4 years? Do you go to a gym or exercise at home? Is it 3 hours of zumba + weights or total 3hs? You can see my reply in your other post. Email if you want to ask anything.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Re-adjust your calories and macros.

Do this: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    eat more food
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food. Cup sizes are fine for liquids for solids though they aren't accurate. For example your pineapple will differ depending on how you cut it up. Once you have done this you will have an accurate calorie intake figure you can adjust if needed.
  • mithaearon
    mithaearon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of inaccurate measurement types such as cups and spoons. Weight everything. It is the only way to be sure you are being accuarte.