what is everyone favourite work out DVDs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian, then I did Chalean Extreme twice and now I'm rotating again some Jillian workouts while hesitating what should be next - Body Beast, P90X or Les Mills Pump. or maybe venture outside of Beach Body and try Cathe Friedrich... there is also an incredible amount of titles and reviews here http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/ often with very detailed descriptions of the exercises in the workout
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Gotta say my faves are from Bob Harper. Bob is tough and offers to non-sense kick your butt workouts. Many are an hour long (that's what I need in my life :bigsmile: )

I have a few from Jillian, and they are great and effective. Ripped in 30 is my fave of hers. Love being pushed hard in such a short time.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few Jillian Michaels DVD's and the ones I like are- no more trouble zones, extreme shed and shred, banish fat boost metabolism, ripped in 30, and 6 week 6 pack.

I've also really enjoyed the insanity and P90X programs. I'm really into the daily hiit (www.dailyhiit.com) for free HIIT workouts. They do require some equipment, but there are some that are just bodyweight if you don't have anything to work with.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Turbofire! I actually started taking it at my gym (turbo kick). When they no longer offered it, I missed it so much I bought the dvds for home. It's my favorite class/dvds I've ever done. Fun and goes by fast.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Gotta say my faves are from Bob Harper. Bob is tough and offers to non-sense kick your butt workouts. Many are an hour long (that's what I need in my life :bigsmile: )

I have a few from Jillian, and they are great and effective. Ripped in 30 is my fave of hers. Love being pushed hard in such a short time.

I agree with this - I started with Jillian, then Jackie Warner, then moved onto Bob Harper - who I think is great. I still do Jillian or Jackie workouts a couple of times a week when short on time, but Bob really works me hard :-) I've just started lifting and my partner, who's lifted for years, was shocked how strong I am - thanks to Bob!! :drinker:
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Favorite would be INSANITY and Hip Hop Abs. I have done Robin Antins Pu$$y Cat Dolls workout and Tae Bo, but nothing beats the burn and intensity of the Beachbody workouts.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have worked out with only at home with DVDs for almost two years. I have done ChaLean Extreme (Strength training with some cardio), TurboFire, Les Mills Combat and I have T25. I would recommend all of them :bigsmile:
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich is my absolute favorite (www.cathe.com). She has awesome strength training and cardio DVDs. I also really like Turbofire. Other favorites of mine are Jeanette Jenkins and Michelle Dozois. I work out at home 5-6 days/wk and have done so for years now. It's just more convenient for me to work out at home and because I have such a wide variety of advanced level exercise DVDs, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not going to the gym.
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Combat. It's fun and I love doing it so much that the rest days drive me crazy!