Frustrated

Options
I seem to gain a bit of weight when I exercise and eat right. What is the cause of this?? I don't know if I am gaining muscle and that's the reason??? I workout about 4 -5 times per wk.. /am a runner. AND I don't eat junk food or desserts. Can anyone help? Thanks

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    As well as looking at the weight it might be worth looking into body fat percentage, this will indicate if it is fat or not.
    Hope this helps
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You are likely retaining water from the workouts. You didn't give much information, but how long have you been working out? Did you just start? Give it 4-6 weeks. You are only going to gain fat if you are overeating - you can still go over your calories without desserts and junk food, which would cause a gain.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's very likely water retention. That being said, I never know what "eating right" means. You can overeat "healthy" foods and cause a weight gain. Also, if you're eating at a deficit and doing cardio only, it is incredibly unlikely you've gained any muscle.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It's very likely water retention. That being said, I never know what "eating right" means. You can overeat "healthy" foods and cause a weight gain. Also, if you're eating at a deficit and doing cardio only, it is incredibly unlikely you've gained any muscle.

This. Just because you "eat right", you aren't necessarily eating at a deficit. If you want to lose weight, you need to count calories. End of story.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    An open diary might help.