So.... (30 Day Shred)

Options
So I just started 30 Day Shred as a precursor to doing Insanity, I'm so glad I did because I've realised quite quickly that I wouldn't have made it through insanity first workout because I barely made it through day 1 level 1 of 30DS

it took me to school... Waited til lunchtime, beat me up then stole my lunch money

I've decided to give myself 5 days of limping through level 1 before I start the program because I had to stop twice in 25 minutes so I obviously need to work up to it

Anybody else started recently or an old hand at 30DS, wouldn't mind hearing from other people with a mix of "it killed me as well" with a few "it gets better trust me" thrown in

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of it...

At first it killed me as well but by Day 7 level 1 was great.....
    Started level 2 killed me...by day 7 it was great..

see the pattern here...
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started it at the beginning of August.

I don't do it every day (I take some breaks from the strength and just do the elliptical some days) but I'm in the middle of Level 2 right now.

Level 1 was hard for me for the first couple days but it gets easier (notice I said easIER and not easy haha).

I'm on day 5 of Level 2 right now and it is still kicking my butt. I have a hard time not wanting to just fall over on the floor and cry in the middle of the 3rd circuit.

BUT I've noticed some CRAZY results!!!!

I've lost about 3 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my butt/hips, 1 1/2 inches from each of my thighs, and 1 1/2 from my bust!

I think I'm going to do Ripped in 30 next and then try Insanity. I'm just under 200 lb (I just crossed that threshold this week!!!) and I think I need to work at my fitness levels a little more before trying Insanity.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I've done both (30 day shred and insanity) and honestly, there is no preparing for insanity. I consider myself to be in pretty decent shape and insanity kicks me a** EVERY TIME.
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I too did 30ds as a build up to insanity. I didn't mind level 1, but found level two much more challenging and then but level 3 I was getting bored. That being said I did enjoy the changes I experienced during it! I lost a lot of inches and my muscle definition improved.

I started insanity a week after I finished 30ds (I was on holiday in between). NOTHING can prepare you for insanity! I was feeling pretty fit after 30ds but Shaun T put a stop to that feeling straight away. I'm just about finished my 3rd week of insanity and I'm enjoying it. It's worth fighting through the pain.
  • Desteria
    Desteria Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Level one today after work. First day wasn't too bad, though I realized that my stamina for the cardio part was waaaaaaay better than my stamina the strength training parts. The strength training is kicking my *kitten*. Then the soreness set in and I was having a hard time getting through all the reps of the strength yesterday. Even the stairs today at work aren't my friend.

But that being said, I feel great! Mood is better, motivation is better, and I feel damn proud of myself when I finally get to the cool down stretches. :) Gonna keep working at it and kick the next 27 days butt!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It does get better! I did level 3 the other day and it felt easier than when I first began with level 1. Your fitness will improve and before you know it, you'll be looking for harder workouts to do.