Do You Think There's Age Limit On Certain Clothes ?

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
I would understand kids and thongs / stripper heels
But how about adults in forever21 / aero, low rise jeans and prom dresses ?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It seems silly to me that once you reach a certain age, you'd have to wear high rise jeans.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    YES there is an age limit on certain clothes! Otherwise you totally look like a prowling cougar in that micro-mini dress. ugh.

Personally I think dressing classy goes a long way.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    YES there is an age limit on certain clothes! Otherwise you totally look like a prowling cougar in that micro-mini dress. ugh.

I agree, but not in a "no one over 35 should wear miniskirts" type of way. Rock that miniskirt even at 50 if you have the bod for it, but not the skintight mini in neon yellow with a crop top ya know? I DO think one you are out of your teen/early 20s you should dress in higher quality stuff - meaning aside from a few key pieces, stop shopping in the juniors section because its all polyester crap. Also the really junior looking things like ruffly skirts need to go.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    exactly UrbanLotus. :)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Clothes should be age, time and body appropriate.

I appreciate the way older women in France, Switzerland and Italy dressed. Always very classy, well put together, nice hair, nice make up, good jewelry, comfortable shoes with small heels. Never know exactly is she's 55 or 75, just a tres chic.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm 36. What need would I have for a prom dress? I also don't shop at Forever 21 because their clothes are poorly made. I wear ladies sizes (even numbers) because they fit properly.

I don't think there is any age limit for good taste. Just because you're young doesn't mean you can get away with wearing tacky clothing.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't see an age limit, but what I will say is that if a look from your past comes back, it may not be a good idea for you. Shirts untucked with belts and leggings came back from the 80's for a while, a friend would wear this in the updated version and well it made her look older. It just looked like she had been wearing he same clothes since the 80's. Her husband also flipped his collar up because his son was doing it. It made him look like he was trying too hard to be young again.

If you dress a certain way trying to look younger, it often shows your age. At the same time, but sister in law is thin and looks young, shops at Forever 21 at age 43 and looks great because she doesn't look like she is trying to look young. In other words don't try too hard to be hip and young and then there really isn't that much of an age limit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

What's wrong with a prowling cougar???

<<<<husband it 10 years younger and I wear what I want, skinny jeans, bikini's, daisy dukes and tanks, flip flops, ripped jeans, riding boots, and uh oh...mini skirts.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    You sure are creating a lot of threads.

Yes, there is. I'd rather not see my grandma with her tits out. No offense, Grams. :flowerforyou:

:laugh:
    Yes :huh: and YES :noway:
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    People think I dress ridiculous for my age because this is something I should of "grown out of" already. I don't really know how to explain my style besides lot of animal print, black, and torn jeans. I'm 24. My concern is not for the people around me, but more for what I like. End of story.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

I am sure some people think I dress (and act) too young for my age. I am 43 and love skulls and crossbones, pirate type gear. I will go into any store that I see them in, if I find them in my size I buy it and wear it. I have clothes from Hot Topic and Forever 21, because you just don't see that many "adult" stores with pirate gear. Lol.

Do I care what others think? :laugh: Not in this lifetime.

Actually half the fun is getting odd reactions from people. Which is why my daughter and I are dying my hair purple this weekend (Kelly Osbourne style).

Hot topic is an awesome store, love skulls, but at age 47 it is my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt that gets the most looks, LOL. ( I have a great scarf with burn out skulls from Hot Topic it is my favorite) My daughter and I can't go in that store and not buy something!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Does it say it on the tag when you buy it? Like "Not for women over thirty?" Then, no, there's no age limit.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is an age restriction on dress!!!

I actually heard some examples on a fashion show on tv recently.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm sensing a trend here
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Does it say it on the tag when you buy it? Like "Not for women over thirty?" Then, no, there's no age limit.

hehe most who say yes are under 30 betcha betcha betcha