Lost 150-160 Pounds In 1 Year Now Look To Skinny?

Options
Last June I went on a Life Style Change,I started to Eat Healthy I Joined A Gym. Etc. My Starting Weight was Over 300 Pounds but I didn't get on Scale before I started my Journey. I went through a Whirlwind with Weight Loss and Lost it Quickly. Now I Weigh around 150-160 Pounds. My Family & Friends Say I Look Anorexic,Skinny & Sickening. They tell me that they can see my Collar Bones & Rib Cage when I Lay Down. I'm Comfortable with my Body. I have Boosted Self Confidence and Self Esteem. Another things I have been Overweight & Fat all of my Life until now. Its Like Looking Through Old Brand New Eyes. I don't know if their Jealous and Envious because I know since I started Losing Weight they started Gaining it.

Summer 2012 Over 300 Pounds
BR0SmbUCcAAGrLQ_zpse3812e69.jpg

August 2013 150-160 Pounds
20130822_121444_zpscd41503f.jpg

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? They're probably just not used to seeing you so skinny, especially since you lost it fairly quickly. They don't realize how thin a healthy weight can actually look, depending on the body type.

Also, amazing job on the weight loss! I think you look great! :D
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It depends on how tall you are. My boyfriend lost over 200 pounds and everyone kept telling him he was too skinny but he was really heavy when he started. He looked fantastic.
  • Vernaleana
    Options
    I honestly think you look great. Good Job! I think that it is hard for some people to accept the weight loss sometimes.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Umm...I think you're supposed to be able to see your collar bones. And your ribs when lying down. I can see mine, and I'm still carrying extra weight.

Your weight will re-distribute a bit over the next year; hold steady, eat healthy, keep moving, they'll get over it.
  • JkensteinBaCuLa
    Options
    5 Feet 4 Inches
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    5 Feet 4 Inches
    Yeah, your weight is very good for your height. Even if it takes them a while to get used to it, we will always be here to support you and encourage you. (:
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the weight loss. They'll get used to it. At 5'4" your weight is perfectly healthy
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    they're haters.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dude, rock it!

It's going to take a LONG time for your brain to catch up to your body when it comes to your self-image. Imagine your friends will be the same way.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    You look great!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell from this picture if I agree that you look "too skinny", but a better question is how do you feel, and are you getting enough nutrition? You know that better than the camera does anyway. I did want to tell you that you have a wonderful smile, though.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great weight for you and it sounds like you did the right things to put on muscle mass in the right spots. Just keep up the good work. As long as YOU are happy, that's all that really matters.

Great job!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think when someone has been heavy their whole life and their families have always seen them that way. It's kinda a shocker to see them any other way.

I think your weight is perfect for your height. Just as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nice job, dude. You rocked that weight off!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! that's such a big transformation and they aren't used to seeing you that skinny they may need some time to catch up as well. Some will come around and others just won't. Again great job, a true inspiration.
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    I think you look amazing happy and healthy! Dont let haters sabotage you. Ive been there Im portuguese and my family loves to eat. They did the same thing to me!!!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! Great job on your weight loss!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm finding this is not unusual.

My husband lost about 90-100 lbs over the last two years and when we went back home for the holidays that's all we heard. I even got some of his family pulling me aside to talk me into getting him to gain some weight. "He's too skinny" "He looks sick" "He's gone too far".

My husband is 5'9 and 165-170 lbs mind you. Not skinny at all. Plus he eats a lot, but also workouts a lot. He's super healthy and very very active. I believe some people get so used to seeing you a certain way that when you have a drastic change, they freak out.

Plus, if they don't know much about health and fitness they'll have no idea what an athletic body should look like.

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!
    Congrats!!!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i think you look great! congrats! if you are healthy, thats all that matters.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a normal amount of calories, and nutrition, you are in good health, and you don't have plans to become emaciated on purpose then you are not anorexic and it's rude of people to say so. As others said, they just got adjusted to seeing you (and themselves) in a certain way and so your weight looks very thin to them. This happens to a lot of people that lose a lot of weight. It can even happen when a person loses ten pounds (but the people around them gain an average of 60 pounds each).

What matters is how you feel about yourself. If you are happy and comfortable in your body and healthy then that's what matters. On the other hand if you did want to build a little size you could lift weights (if you don't already).