Do You Think There's Age Limit On Certain Clothes ?

Options

Replies

• rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    YES there is an age limit on certain clothes! Otherwise you totally look like a prowling cougar in that micro-mini dress. ugh.

Personally I think dressing classy goes a long way.

What's wrong with a prowling cougar???

<<<<husband it 10 years younger and I wear what I want, skinny jeans, bikini's, daisy dukes and tanks, flip flops, ripped jeans, riding boots, and uh oh...mini skirts.

haha love this response my ex husband was ten years younger my bf is 20 years younger and I'm actually in better shape than in my twenties...having fun, living life and enjoying everything it has to offer:happy:
    btw if you got it flaunt it!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    oh good, because I am short and i can't wait to shop with my daughter in 5-7-9 and the other chic places in the mall when she becomes a teenager. Not to mention raiding her closet! Hee Hee! I have time, she's only 11, but she already borrows my shoes. LOL

I will save you the wait, 5-7-9 is NOT chic!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I wouldn't shop @ F21, but not because I can't rock their clothes. I just don't do cheap.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    It goes along the same line of "eyes on your own plate". Life is too short to worry about what other people are wearing, or what other people think of what you are wearing.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Adults should not wear YOLO shirts or droopy drawers
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    You sure are creating a lot of threads.

^QFT.

just because you're 74 doesn't mean you have to only shop at talbots and chicos. but for pete's sake, put down the cropped tops from wet seal!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

I am sure some people think I dress (and act) too young for my age. I am 43 and love skulls and crossbones, pirate type gear. I will go into any store that I see them in, if I find them in my size I buy it and wear it. I have clothes from Hot Topic and Forever 21, because you just don't see that many "adult" stores with pirate gear. Lol.

Do I care what others think? :laugh: Not in this lifetime.

Actually half the fun is getting odd reactions from people. Which is why my daughter and I are dying my hair purple this weekend (Kelly Osbourne style).

I'm 46, and I have a pair of Rocket Dogs with skulls, crossbones and hearts on them. I love them! My dad says I dress like a hippie, but I wear what I feel comfortable in. Could be why people try to figure out if my son and I are dating or related! You won't catch me in dress slacks and loafers anytime soon. :smile:
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Options
    Tube tops and miniskirts. Short shorts. Anything flesh-baring. Just...just quit it.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Yes and no.

I am sure some people think I dress (and act) too young for my age. I am 43 and love skulls and crossbones, pirate type gear. I will go into any store that I see them in, if I find them in my size I buy it and wear it. I have clothes from Hot Topic and Forever 21, because you just don't see that many "adult" stores with pirate gear. Lol.

Actually half the fun is getting odd reactions from people. Which is why my daughter and I are dying my hair purple this weekend (Kelly Osbourne style).

I'm 46, and I have a pair of Rocket Dogs with skulls, crossbones and hearts on them. I love them! My dad says I dress like a hippie, but I wear what I feel comfortable in. Could be why people try to figure out if my son and I are dating or related! You won't catch me in dress slacks and loafers anytime soon. :smile:

I wear skulls too.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    image-78.jpg~original
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I would understand kids and thongs / stripper heels
    But how about adults in forever21 / aero, low rise jeans and prom dresses ?

Adults shouldn't wear diapers and pullups unless they are incontinent. Other than that. Who cares. If it fits, wear it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Yes and no.

Wait. You're dating your son?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Yes and no.

:noway: NOOOOOOOO!!! But I see people looking at us like they're trying to figure it out. So I'll put my hand on top of his head and ruffle his hair or something motherly, just because the idea grosses me out.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Yes and no.

:noway: NOOOOOOOO!!! But I see people looking at us like they're trying to figure it out. So I'll put my hand on top of his head and ruffle his hair or something motherly, just because the idea grosses me out.

Maybe I should have thrown a wink in there. I figured you weren't. I just couldnt' pass up the opportunity.

:wink:
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I do not think there is an age limit, I wear whatever I want to wear. I plan on wearing whatever I want to wear no matter how old I get.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Yes. Women and men shouldn't wear 70's clothes in the 2000's:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Foreve21 has an age limit. Its 21

Also I don't think kids should wear stripper heels and thongs.

At my daughter's 5th grade "graduation", there were several girls there wearing peep toe 3-4" heels. It was very sad.
    Maybe I should have thrown a wink in there. I figured you weren't. I just couldnt' pass up the opportunity.

I knew you weren't serious, but I had to clear it up just in case anyone else might think I was. :flowerforyou:
  • TelleyRobyn
    Options
    Thats a complicated question. its like asking if there should be a limit on the amout of make-up you wear or weight limit on things, no body enjoys seeing obese people with there boobies hanging out and short shorts. but people will always shock you and you cant stop someone from expressing themselves.
  • tnpxx
    tnpxx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and I don't even shop at Aero, its pretty taboo in high school and college (usually reserved for middle schoolers).
    As for Forever21 I shop there from time to time but their clothes suck to be honest. They're just poorly made.
    I think the only limits depend on how you actually look in the clothes. If you can look good in a mini skirt then go for it. I feel that classiness across all ages goes a long way though. I don't buy clothes in Juniors anymore because they don't fit my body very well at all because they're meant for preteens that are straight as a ruler and no curves at all. That being said, I think it's all about what is flattering for that person's body.

On the other hand, I guess some things you see at walmart could be viewed as limits that should be put on clothing based on size/age. :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

At my daughter's 5th grade "graduation", there were several girls there wearing peep toe 3-4" heels. It was very sad.

Yes. The hyperssexualisation of children that has become so prevalent in our society is very very sad. It annoys me to no end. Pisses me off really. Let the kids enjoy their childhood. They will have plenty of time for the rest of the stupid games when they get older.

I knew you weren't serious, but I had to clear it up just in case anyone else might think I was. :flowerforyou:

Are you saying I can't be serious? :angry:

ETA :flowerforyou: :heart: So you don't think I was serious with the second half of my post.