weird (thank god its temporary) problem

Options
2»

Replies

• caribear1984
    Options
    Plenty of great ideas here, I just wanted to say I can relate. I once had an ear infection so bad that it pushed my lower jaw to one side. I couldn't chew for a week because my back teeth wouldn't line up. I lived on mashed potatoes and gravy and jello.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ugg the same thing happened to me but I got it in both ears and my jaw cracked every time I opened my mouth. I also ran a high fever and didn't sleep for a week (couldn't lie on either ear and I wasn't a back sleeper at the time). I drank hot broth with a straw and in between sips I held the cup to my ears. The heat felt wonderful and temporarily eased the awful, awful pain. I also lost 6 lbs that week (maybe 2 weeks because it took a while to fully recover) the wrong way of course. I don't think it'll hurt your diet as long as you resume a healthy caloric intake when you feel better. Anyway I hope you feel better soon but be careful not to do anything to upset your ears in the next year or so, otherwise the infections will come back. I had 3 infections in the same years before I got over them and it's so so painful. I feel for you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ice cream
    protein shakes
    soup

I eat whatever I want when I'm sick- I just don't eat to much of it!