Plate Lickers

Options

Replies

• Dazzleyes
    Dazzleyes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In some countries a loud belch or churned up burp is one heck of a compliment to the cook! LOL
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I let my dogs lick the plate.

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/cooking related/0ea743e3-4c9f-4c0a-8531-04fae2668d78_zps75697299.jpg[/img]
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Me at any steak place with my wife. About the end of the meal she has soaked up all the juice with bread and yet about a quarter of the steak left, and my plate has all the juices of the steak but no meat left. At that point we trade plates and she sops up the juices with more bread and I enjoy a few more ounces of steak. I also learned most french, italian, german, and polish sauces by the age of 14 so now older as the cook for my family I encourage licking of the plates, but for the modest proper eaters I usually have some sort of edible spoon be it bread, or rice for the sauce table side.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Only if Adini made it!

edit to add really if anyone would make it!!
    I'm a fatass!!! *runs away in shame*
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Only in front of Saint, and it happens often. He's a phenomenal cook.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Only in front of Saint, and it happens often. He's a phenomenal cook.

:blushing:
  • get10fit2013
    get10fit2013 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I feel like this should be found in a personal ad...

I literally just spit my water all over my keyboard at work. LMAO
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Was wondering, are there any plate lickers out there? LOL Sometimes those little dabs left on the plate are the tastiest , aren't they? :)

Absolutely lol
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    poached-eggs-gouda-5.jpg

I'd lick it... :smokin:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what dogs are for?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Only for Talenti Gelato, and even then I prefer to grab a silicone spatula to clean the plate.

If I'm logging all the calories for something as delicious as that, then I'm sure as heck going to consume them all.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Was wondering, are there any plate lickers out there? LOL Sometimes those little dabs left on the plate are the tastiest , aren't they? :)

Yes. They are very tasty. It's where a lot of the seasoning ends up. Can't let it go to waste! ;-)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/cooking related/0ea743e3-4c9f-4c0a-8531-04fae2668d78_zps75697299.jpg[/img]

That's adorable, sista.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

My FL can attest that I was chastised by my youngest son the other day for being "ill-mannered and uncouth" for licking the gravy off my plate after a nice roast beef dinner.

Hey. I logged those calories, I was going to get them.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    poached-eggs-gouda-5.jpg

Yeah, baby. I'd lick that!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    like this?

bde96_c6368_120807083834-outtakes-tue-11-horizontal-gallery.jpg

...seems like iron supplements would work better. :huh:

This is so totally what I was thinking.
  • verymissk
    Options

That's adorable, sista.

They had a good life .... The boys on the ends are my angels now. :(
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Licking the plate is just not lady like.... Kinda like taking out bins or putting up shelves. It's something I never do
  • verymissk
    Options

Licking the plate is just not lady like.... Kinda like taking out bins or putting up shelves. It's something I never do

*snort*
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I figure I am logging those calories so I might as well eat them. I don't do it in public but I will scrape up every bit I can with my spoon/fork.