So I ran my first mile!

Options
I've never been much of a runner, but today I woke up and decided I wanted to run a mile without stopping. Yes I went REALLY slow. It took me 15 minutes, which I know is terrible. But I still feel great about it because I actually did it without stopping, that in itself is a huge accomplishment for me. I always thought I hated running, but I really didn't mind it at all. If I can do it, you can do it! :D

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    You should feel great! I don't think 15 minutes is that bad. I think you're awesome!
  • Vampireneko
    Vampireneko Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You should feel great! I don't think 15 minutes is that bad. I think you're awesome!

Thank you :D
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Great time too. So keep on with ya bad self.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    15 Min is awesome!! WTG!
  • levicrouch
    Options
    Good Job!

If you have a smart phone, I recommend an app like runtastic that will track your mileage.

I have been running now for a little over a year, it is pretty cool to see how the miles (867.48 to be precise) have added up.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • runninguntilparadise
    Options
    Way to go! :D

Don't worry so much about how long it took you, you did it!

Enjoy running as running. Put on your shoes in the morning and /just go/. Be free and nothing can stop you.
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud! That's how I started. Then it was a 5K. Then a 10K. Next thing you know, I'd done a 1/2 marathon. That's a great start for you!!!
  • vaultgirlsam
    vaultgirlsam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! A 15 minute mile is my next goal. Currently I've averaging 17min/mile. Keep it up!
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep going. I remember starting the couch to 5K, getting to the 1 mile milestone was awesome. Now I can do 3 miles.
  • cbera
    cbera Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats on actually doing it :) you did a great job.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    When I first started at the gym, my goal was also to run a mile. I started at about 12 mins...I'm down to just over an 8 and half minute mile! You'll be surprised how addicted you'll get to beating your record...pretty much everyday!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you :)

I'm a slow runner, I think I ran a mile in 14 earlier this evening (although in my defense it is August and humid. So looking forward to fall!!). Probably my fastest so far is 12.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • laurabelle888
    laurabelle888 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yay that's awesome i ran my first mile today also its a really good feeling to finally achieve it so congrats!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!! Nothing beats that sense of accomplishment!!! I did my first 5K in 10 years last night, and when I got to the end I was so surprised!!!! (Because I thought I had another 1/4 mile or so to go!!!) We are so much stronger than we think!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to be able to run. I have tried many times and it never seems to get easier, so I loose the desire and quit. I'd love to be a runner...

Congrats on your accomplishment. That's so awesome.