Compression shorts and bodyglide.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Compression shorts and Vaseline
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm now just thinking about his package and am of no help.
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Holy shnikes! All those replies. Well I don't have the loose skin, but by reading some of the post I think it may be because I wear the bigger basketball type of shorts. When I run they try to like do this weird climbing thing. Today I ran again despite the pain, and it didn't hurt until the end and I saw it through, cause nothing is going to stop me from my mon - fri work out goals. I'm stubborn like that.

Thank you for all the replies, I have a 5 miler coming up on September 25th so will definitely be using some of this!! Ya'll is the bestest!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In a book John Bingham refers to it as the Chub Rub which he and I have...it happens whenever my mileage gets above a certain level. So I also play soccer and use compression shorts Long from Under Armour problem solved in soccer and just found in Road Runner Sports store on line a pair of brief with the right stuff that takes care of it. I tried the gel but seriously...I recommend the running briefs there, designed for the runner. Confession time (I have a couple and comfort during run and afterward is making me re-think wardrobe.
  • get10fit2013
    get10fit2013 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ok this is really weird to ask, but are you still hurting after the run? If you're still sore/raw afterwards, take a shower right before bed and use soap with no scent, just pat dry, air dry the rest of the way, and then use diaper rash cream on it...something with zinc that will stay put, then powder/ talc over that. Sleep naked under the ceiling fan (no covers if you can stand it so it gets air) and voila....good as new the next day. THEN wear compression shorts before you run again. God, I sound creepy. LMAO
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking about chafing. I've delt with it there, and in other places. 2 things I've found that help...

1) good, performance boxer briefs. I have a few different brands, but I like Nike Pro Combat best.
    2) anti-chafe product. There's lots of them out there, and most cycling or triathlon shops should have something. Running shops often do. Hell, something like basic vasoline might do the trick.
  • Fr3dd13
    Fr3dd13 Posts: 20
    Options
    Put anti-perspirant in the trouble areas before your run and that problem should go away. I saw this tip on Dr. Oz last week and tried for the first time on a ten mile run last weekend and it worked great.

+100 on this. I used to have the same problem, until I tried this. Works wonderfull.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of pairs of New Balance running shorts that have compression shorts built in them. I'd try something like those
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    cheap solution: compression running shorts + roll on deodorant on your inner thighs.

better/slightly more expensive solution: compression running shorts + one of these two products:

1. SLIK: http://www.amazon.com/SLIK-Official-Product-of-Ironman/dp/B0060NHLX0
    2. Body Glide: http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Original-Anti-Chafe-Balm-1-5Ounce/dp/B00288L2N6/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1377289876&sr=1-1&keywords=Glide
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I was doing a lot of uphill walking. It wasn't chub rub, but more like my shorts were cutting into my thighs. When I lift my leg, my thigh muscle gets much bigger and the shorts cut into them. When I have my foot on the ground, my thigh muscle is smaller and so I don't have the problem. Repeated lifting of the leg was causing my issue. (Sorry this isn't very scientific but I hope you get the picture).

The two things that worked for me:
    1 - Cut the seam on the inside of the shorts so there was more "breathing room" for my thighs (but not more fabric to cause a shifting/rubbing/crotch rise issue)
    2 - Compression shorts under my shorts/skirt.

I hope you find an answer! Good luck.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts and Gold Bond Anti-Chafe, looks like a deodorant stick and can be found at most drug stores.

Nothing wrong with big quads either. :drinker:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Body Glide.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Holy shnikes! All those replies. Well I don't have the loose skin, but by reading some of the post I think it may be because I wear the bigger basketball type of shorts. When I run they try to like do this weird climbing thing. Today I ran again despite the pain, and it didn't hurt until the end and I saw it through, cause nothing is going to stop me from my mon - fri work out goals. I'm stubborn like that.

Thank you for all the replies, I have a 5 miler coming up on September 25th so will definitely be using some of this!! Ya'll is the bestest!

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Can you post photos? ;)
  • mike_usmc
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the problem. Can you post photos? ;)

lol! So there I am reading all these replies, and then BOOM I get hit with this post. Was funny! Thanks for all the replies again. I think Ill go with trying anything besides the whole spandex type thing. Nothing against them, but if I had a GQ model's body I sure wouldn't wear spandex of any sort. I'll have to check out a local run shop that is here and see if they have any of the stuff you all mentioned. Thanks again!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no suggestions or advice whatsoever. I am, however, now sitting thinking about man bits. On my own. Thanks for that. ;)
  • mike_usmc
    Options
    lol, well we accomplished two things. Now your thinking happy thoughts, and I know what to do so I can run longer and not have injuries below the (thick) jump rope area. Everyone wins here!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have lost a bunch of weight and have loose skin on my inner thighs the only way to keep it from chaffing is 2 fold.... I use Body glide anti chaffing sticks I buy off Amazon and I wear Nike Pro Compression shorts and between the 2 of these I have no issues anymore..... Best of Luck

attached a link to the bodyglide:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Original-Anti-Chafe-Balm-1-5Ounce/dp/B00288L2N6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377278169&sr=8-1&keywords=bodyglide

I was going to suggest the tight shorts too.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    hmmmm...if I am not mistaken, you asked this before and everyone suggested the same thing. Did you try any of these suggestions?