Considering VSG

Options
Has anyone on mfp had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy? I am considering the procedure and I'm looking for information and support.

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    and why would you wanna do that exactly?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled for next Friday. In the preop diet right now. You will find a lot of haters on here who know nothing about it but you can also find some great support. If you have questions feel free to message me or read my blog (not the blog on here).
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Next Friday is so soon! I will definitely message you. Thx!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled for next Friday. In the preop diet right now. You will find a lot of haters on here who know nothing about it but you can also find some great support. If you have questions feel free to message me or read my blog (not the blog on here).

I don't believe that a person is a "hater" just coz they dislike the surgery. I mean, really, thats kinda harsh, imo.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I don't believe that a person is a "hater" just coz they dislike the surgery. I mean, really, thats kinda harsh, imo.
    Have you not read some of the vitriol filled threads on this subject? The name calling, the ridicule? It's disgusting. I'd certainly classify that as hate. Not liking something is fine, belittling and berating a person because of their personal choice is most certainly not.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It truly is a personal choice and I am prepared to ignore negativity :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Have you not read some of the vitriol filled threads on this subject? The name calling, the ridicule? It's disgusting. I'd certainly classify that as hate. Not liking something is fine, belittling and berating a person because of their personal choice is most certainly not.

oh that! ok.. i was hoping you didn't mean me or something. :)