Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Mark!! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Every pound you lose is a point to you! Feel free to add me and make me witness your success and be happy for all your progress :wink:.

Good luck! You can do it, just be determined and believe in yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am from Houston and have a place in Wears Valley, TN as well. I'm on MFP a lot.

Remember that you didn't get to where you are in a day and it will take a lot of days to get where you want to be.

What's your first goal? 399? :)
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good for you for stepping up to the challenge. :-) xx
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark! Great job taking the first steps. I would love to be part of your journey. Request coming your way! You'll do great. :))
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Google The Anti-jared, I think you will find his story inspiring!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    always remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.....

If you ever said that to my Dad he would say: "Well, that's only because I wasn't on that PARTICULAR job...'. :-D
  • Rob53jk
    Rob53jk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Mark,

I will be rooting for you.(prayers too). They help. I will share a tip. I have been incorporating many fresh fruits and vegetables. The other day, I tried a medium baked potato with no butter or oils of any kind; all I used was dried rosemary sprinkled lightly on it. Yum... I ate the skin and all. I also had fresh tomatoes(no salt). One half an ear of fresh corn, (no condiments). And a whole banana for sweet tooth. I chased it down with a large glass of water. I am not having any protein on my lunch. Just eating my fill of fresh fruits and veggies. You can add a 4-6 oz. of chicken breast (grilled or roasted) if you like.

Good luck and stay in touch.

Robin Carter
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and think about how much better you will feel. Ask for support. It's here to be given. I started at 589
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sending request
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere.My goal is to take it one meal at a time. Watching everything I put in and how much I do to be able to move. I know my long term goal but every day is one step closer to that goal. Best of luck. We all have to take care of the one body that was given to us. :wink:
  • dorycifelli
    Options
    you are going to be fantastic!!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Mark, you can most definitely do it.
    Others here have started at similar or even higher weights, and reached their goals, and so can you.
    Gather a good set of friends around you for support and encouragement, remember to consider this a lifestyle change, and not a diet, and work on changing things one step at a time until it becomes a natural part of your day to day living to make mostly healthy choices.

And read, read, read, there is a lot of useful information around the forums, amidst the nonsense.
  • KatLover73
    Options
    Good Luck Mark! You can do it! I love how everyone is so positive here! It makes me feel not so alone =) I'd love some friends and if anyone wants to join a good group on FB it's called Eat To Live! We just focus mostly on healthy foods, supplements, alternative recipes, motivation, etc...
  • giveme5
    giveme5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand the challenge you have. I need to lose 172 pounds. But we both just have to do it one day at a time! You can do this!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I need to cut my body weight pretty much in half - need to lose over 130 lbs!! You have come to a good place- I have already lost a few and gained some friends and support :) Good luck - you can do it!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    www.gettingfit4life.com

He lost over 300# without bariatric surgery.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Friend request coming!
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Perhaps the toughest part is already behind you: You are here! Stick with it, be compassionate with yourself and lean on MFP friends. Add me if you like.
  • Rosie5025
    Options
    Hey ya..! I just started to! I need to lose at least 150lbs....taking it one day at a time.... You can do this! WE all can do this! Add me if you would like!
    Rosie :)