Looking in the mirror again!

Options
I want to like what I see in the mirror again! I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight but, I am the largest I have ever been at 290 lbs. I do not look at my self in the mirror and if I could I would cover them all so I would not have to see my reflection. I want to acheive this one small goal to prove that I can do this....I want to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Then after that my goal is to get down to 200.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    you can do it, wanting it is the first step to a healty life and looking better.
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Mickey! Welcome to MFP... I started my journey here from the exact same point as you - Had gotten to 290 lbs, and it was so close to the 300 lbs point that I told myself I would NEVER hit! I also got tired of having trouble finding cute clothes and feeling awful in summer shorts and suits.

You can do this! Just one day, one week at a time!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to look in the mirror once a day and compliment yourself on at least one thing. It doesn't have to be weight related. i.e. great hair day, awesome outfit choice, "WOW, my eyes rock!". This practice will help you to stay postitive.. about yourself and about the existance of the mirrors in your life. Then just take it one day at a time and good luck the entire MFP community is behind you! :flowerforyou:
  • Iwillxceed
    Iwillxceed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I do look in the mirror so I can see the wonderful person who is going to look fabulous in a few months.....and then super star fabulous in a few years. I am new to this site as well and in 9 days I lost 7 pounds. I started at 261 so I have some time to go before I lose 70 pounds but I am going to do it. I also put a picture of my "skinny self" from when I was a size 12, believe it or not I looked very skinny at that size.....I used to do fashion shows at that size. Just record everything you eat, and take your time at the grocery store looking for low calorie foods. There are lots of goodies low in calories you can have if you have a sweat tooth. Slowly start exercising...heck if you have to do dancing to the oldies like I used to do then do it!! (I love Richard Simons, he is so funny). I wish you much success!!!!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Setting small goals is the way to do it. Every day is a new day, it can be done and you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • mom23kids
    Options
    You can do it! This is a wonderful place to accomplish your goals! You'll get plenty of support and information.

1739536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    The mirror is your friend - it will boost your self-esteem so much as you see the new slender you emerge over the coming weeks.
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!! You will be surprised at how well this web site will work for you. They have made entering in your food soooo easy and fun!! I started 27 days ago and have lost 9-10 lbs., I say 9-10 because I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. but thats fine it will eventually stay off, but I have not felt overall this good in a long time. The scale might not say what I want it to but I know how much better I feel. This is very easy and I know you can do it and you have a GREAT support system here.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! We'll cheer you on to success... :-)