Stuck on plateau for 7 months!

Options

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Probably your metabolism getting used to the changes.

Try switching stuff up. Fast for a morning, then have a bigger lunch/dinner.

Change up your exercise routines/times

Keep your metabolism guessing.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Probably your metabolism getting used to the changes.

Try switching stuff up. Fast for a morning, then have a bigger lunch/dinner.

Change up your exercise routines/times

Keep your metabolism guessing.

That's just blanket advice. Did you even bother to look at her diary or are you just handing out random advice?

Keep your metabolism guessing? Really? Come on now.

Agreed.

She needs to be more consistent and be patient.
  • lessthan60
    Options
    I guess this should be an obvious one, start on a more intense workout and slowly build your endurance for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm sick and tired of this and I seriously need to lose weight already. I've been weighing between 72 and 73KGs (158-160lbs) since Feb./March and maybe I've been slacking then but I started getting back on track in July somewhat, but I still kept fluctuating between 71-73 KGs. I did mostly walking/jogging then and I was mostly busy so I could only do for up to 45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. I binged a few times too.

Now I've been serious about this two weeks ago, no junk food except once/week, calorie intake never more than 1500 and walking/jogging for 3 times the first week and second week I did pilates every day for 45 minutes. I've been drinking enough water and again, no junk food. So what am I missing here? It's seriously disappointing that even after two-three weeks of eating clean and working out that I don't see any results, in weight nor measurement.

Please give me any new suggestions here!!
    Well it's NOT a plateau since you haven't been consistent. You've been "stuck" because of lack of consistency. Till you do (for at least a month), you're going to keep seeing the same results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Your doing well sticking with it for 2 weeks and you can't expect results over night. I only started losing weight and inches a month into my journey. It's important to stick with it and build a healthy lifestyle and get your body in a routine. Eating at the same times every day....working out at the same times and drinking tons of water through out the day. Lower carbs in the afternoon and evening...lots of raw veggies and very little processed or frozen foods....Our bodies love routine and yours will pay you back on the scale and measuring tape. Good luck :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You haven't been plateaued for 7 months...not taking **** seriously and being inconsistent is not a plateau. Weight loss is a long and slow process. You have to be dedicated...**** doesn't happen over night. You're in for a world of hurt if you think you've plateaued after a mere two weeks of actually trying; two weeks is a drop in the hat. I'm going on a year and 40 Lbs down...it takes time. Buck up.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary, it seems you aren't feeding your body enough to fuel it for all that exercise. Your net calories have been under 1200 many times. My advice:

Eat back at least some of your exercise calories.
    Make sure you are getting adequate protein and fats. You've been VERY low on both of these several days.
    Start tracking sodium.
  • Yasmineh_
    Options
    Also if we look at the last 2 weeks there are several days with either nothing logged or under 500 calories. If we go by you saying 3 weeks there is nothing logged at all before the 8th. So I'm not sure how you say you've gotten serious about it when your logging doesn't reflect that. Be more consistent with logging. Stop eating so little. Be more patient.

She had been fasting for ramadan.

But I agree. Be more consistent. Give it 4-6 weeks to really start back up.

I'm not saying this to be religiously insensitive but I understand fasting for Ramadan but I don't think that means only 500 calories or no food. So she can't use Ramadan as an excuse.

I wish it was only Ramadan, but I was busy with other things in my life that were more important than logging food. Also I've never only eaten 500 calories, I just didn't log the rest of the day.
  • Yasmineh_
    Options
    I'll just thank you to the people who were kind enough to give good advice and I have nothing to say for the ones that were rude and just give silly comments.
    I have been serious on/off for 7 months, you can't just keep trying when you see that your efforts are useless. Ramadan was not an excuse, I just simply didn't log but I was *still serious* then. I have an idea about portions and I know if I have eaten too less/much. If you're going to give me **** for not logging then there is no need for you to add your opinion here. Logging is not the most important thing in the world, realize that people have lives behind this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    I'll just thank you to the people who were kind enough to give good advice and I have nothing to say for the ones that were rude and just give silly comments.
    I have been serious on/off for 7 months, you can't just keep trying when you see that your efforts are useless. Ramadan was not an excuse, I just simply didn't log but I was *still serious* then. I have an idea about portions and I know if I have eaten too less/much. If you're going to give me **** for not logging then there is no need for you to add your opinion here. Logging is not the most important thing in the world, realize that people have lives behind this.
    If you KNOW that you're eating is right and somehow have it figured out (without counting calories) then there shouldn't be a problem with weight loss.:huh:
    We ALL have lives behind this. Some just believe that taking care of ourselves personally is at the top of the list. Apparently that's not your position on it.
    Read what you're saying: You're serious....................serious people don't dismiss the most important factor is weight loss which is calorie intake/expenditure. You aren't counting or logging, so how can you make a legitimate argument that you're doing it right?
    You may not like hearing the truth, but the answers given are what you should be doing. If not, then don't be shocked at why you're not progressing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • maheshbhattarai1
    Options
    seriously, I'm not lying. I need help to continue my Journey of weight loss

38834461.png[/url]
  • maheshbhattarai1
    Options
    Serious, I need help to continue my weight loss

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, you're eating more calories than you think, or burning fewer calories than you think, or most likely, both.

That's really all there is to it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You've only been doing this for 2-3 weeks..you didn't gain fat that quick, so you won't lose it that quick.

You need patience.

Actually I've been doing this for a couple of years, hence the loss of 24 kgs (Almost 50 lbs?) so I know it won't go that easily. I'm just wondering why it just stopped.

But not consistently...calorie counting requires a great deal of precision and consistency, consistency, consistency, consistency. You can't just slack off here and there and expect results...it doesn't work that way.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    People who are successful at losing weight are people who log calories as accurately as possible. Guessing and keeping a running total in your head is an easy way to eat significantly more calories than you think. If you've been at a plateau for 7 months and you're not logging, then it's easy to see why you're at a plateau. There really is no other reason for your plateau, you are simply not creating a proper calorie deficit, your estimates are not accurate enough for the math to work in your favor. Just one or two portion mistakes a day can completely wipe out a deficit. Calories hide in the darnedest places.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You've only been doing this for 2-3 weeks..you didn't gain fat that quick, so you won't lose it that quick.

You need patience.

Actually I've been doing this for a couple of years, hence the loss of 24 kgs (Almost 50 lbs?) so I know it won't go that easily. I'm just wondering why it just stopped.

Oh plateaus, man have I had my fair share of these.

Well why it stopped can be a number of different things. Your body has become use to your regimen, or your body has become use to your nutrition, or your body has become use to your fasted state. Take your pick, they are all valid. I usually find that depending on my plateau level I change different things. For example, I plateaued at 330, so I changed my diet from fast food to grilled chicken and rice. I plateaued again at 290 and stayed this way for 3 months. I spent this time learning about nutrition while cutting back on my carb count and learned to stop eating bad fats and spiking my insulin levels after a fast. Now in the 250s I hit another plateau, with this one I increased my cardio count and strength activity. But this time, my target wasn't the weight loss. It was the BF%. In other words I began to learn where my plateaus are coming from so much to the point that I don't even sweat them anymore and I have learned to get around them to such a point that the end result is what I desire. So don't think of plateaus as a stopping point to halt your progress, think of it as a way of evolving your diet and nutrition in to a better you :)

Man I am good at this lol

Cheers,

Tof
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You haven't been stuck on a plateau for 7 months. You've been eating at maintenance for seven months.

You are bouncing between being on track and off so that it's averaging out to maintenance calories. Stick to the plan and give it a little more time. You'll begin to lose.

Are you sure 1500 is enough calories to keep you satiated enough not to slack off again? If not, eat a little more. A slow loss is better than no loss at all.