Losing Inches

Options
Hi, Everyone. Happy Friday!!

Just looking for some ideas of which exercise give you the most bang for your effort. Can anyone tell me which exercises help you lose the most inches the quickest? No particular body part either.

Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    pushbacks and turndowns worked best for me
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Thanks for the response, but I am not familiar with those exercies. Can you tell me a little more about them? Thank you,
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    pushbacks and turndowns worked best for me

:laugh:

Push back the plate and turn down dessert! Losing weight is about the diet. Lift heavy if you want firmer muscle.
  • lulz14
    lulz14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike for cardio, always gets heart rate up.

Lunges with kettlebells are my favourite weight exercise.
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Boy do I feel embarrassed, but thanks for letting me know. :blushing:
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 23 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. On day 20, I was down 2.25" in my waist. I highly recommend it.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit+patience.
    Lift weights, throw some cardio in, log all your food and watch
    Your body change.....over time. Quick fixes are quicker face palms
    You got this!
  • upforthecount
    upforthecount Posts: 14 Member
    Options

~ No particular body part either.

GODfidence advice is good.

Unfortunately, a person cannot affect which part of his body will lose inches first; its a genetic thing. As you lose fat, your body will make that choice for you.
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Anybody else out there have any advice/hints???
  • DavPul
    Options
    Anything else would be lies
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Anybody else have any REAL advice?
  • DavPul
    Options
    Anybody else have any REAL advice?

cxyUNDJ.gif
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    I thought this was a forum where people could ask for help or advice,

I was just looking for some different exercises that help you lose inches the fastest. Why are you wasting my time with your answers that have no content. If you can help great if not go do something productive,
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I think squats with a dumbell are a good full body workout move. If you raise the dumbell above your head when you come up you can feel it working arms and core as well as your legs
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Your weight loss will be slower and you may even gain a little in the beginning as your muscles retain water for repair but you'll drop inches well with lifting weights (as heavy you can do)
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    THANK YOU!! This is the kind of information I was looking for.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Google compound lifts as they work more than one area of the body at a time
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a forum where people could ask for help or advice,

I was just looking for some different exercises that help you lose inches the fastest. Why are you wasting my time with your answers that have no content. If you can help great if not go do something productive,

I think what DevPaul is trying to say is that there is no particular exercise that makes you lose inches the fastest. Everyone is different, with different lean body mass percentage versus fat percentage, both these factors have an effect on fat loss (which is the same as inches lost). The only way to ensure you will lose inches (fat) is to control what you eat, eat a a deficit and move, doesn't matter if it's just walking; the inches will come off because you are burning fat. Period. Stop looking for the quick fix. Do what works for you. If it's walking 2.0 mph, do that, if you want to do P90X/Jillian Michaels, do that, if you want to elliptical/treadmill/running, then just do that. Add weight to build more muscle. All of these will help you lose inches. But the number one way to lose inches is...EAT AT A DEFICIT. period.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think people are misunderstanding your question. You are looking to lose inches, not from any particular place. It does need to be a combo of cardio and strength.What worked well for me were exersises that engaged several muscle groups. For example squats holding dumbbells followed by a shoulder press. I also alternate exercises when lifting instead of taking a break. Might do kettlebell swings then a sprint. If you have not been exercising, any vigorous activity will do it. I lost inches before pounds I ignored the scale completely the first year. A good trainer can put together a workout that meets your needs, or perhaps someone here can recommend a good DVD. I am partial to bodyweight exercises that can be done anywhere. Planks,squats,lunges, pushups.:drinker: Drink your water.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Anything for the obliques. I really like cable exercises for obliques.