Replies

• much2complicated
    much2complicated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP :)
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bought a bag of hershey kisses cuz the purple foil was just the right color for an art project I was doing. Did not scarf down the whole bag. I can have chocolate in the house without eating it all in one day.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've had a noticible increase in energy from the healthier diet and keeping a better sleep schedule from exercising before bed. Good, no...real rest is incredible. I also was able to run 6.0 mph at a 2% grade incline for 15 min straight and then transition to 4.0mph with a 10% grade for another 15 min. I burned over 400 calories in 30 minutes on the tread! When I gps my outside hike/walk/jog (using RunKeeper app) It takes me just under an hour and I average 330-380 calories burned depending on how fast I move. A month ago, running 6mph was not in the cards for me! My stamina/energy level/determination are all improving at an extremely fast rate and I LOVE IT!!! :)
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    I went shopping for a dress for my friend's wedding IN THE FASHIIONABLE YOUNG STORES! Pencil dresses are off limits again. I had to try a size 16(UK) to fit my boobs whilst the rest of the dress was swamping my waist hips and butt. Not had that issue since I was about 28, but just the fact I could fit in the dresses at all with no trouble made me feel absolutely brilliant! I haven't lost that much weight but the change to my body shape from getting active is considerable. It took looking in the changing room mirrors I've been avoiding to realise it.

Found a gorgeous red dress in the end.

I feel totally spurred on.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Completed 2 sessions of week 4 of C25K. It's hard but both times I've run 1.99 miles all together.
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This week I actually experienced my favourite NSV so far :bigsmile: I'm an opera-singer-in-training, and one of my main motivations to get in shape is to look awesome in a pair of pants in case I'm ever cast in a pants role in an opera. (Pants roles are a long-standing operatic convention in which a male character is played by a female singer dressed as a boy. They're some of the most fun roles for my voice type!)

I was having a singing lesson a couple of days ago with a visiting teacher, and when we were discussing the sort of roles I would eventually like to sing, she said, "You'd look great in a pants role. I'm serious! You're not one of those students I need to tell to lose 20 kilos. And honestly, I tell them."

SO HAPPY!
  • FittyFitFitFit
    Options
    Realizing I have had the same pair of jeans for over a year and the thighs aren't even close to wearing out from "thigh rub".
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Running six miles without rain assistance :D
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, my almost 16 year old came up behind me & tried to pick me up (ongoing joke! lol) AND HE WAS ABLE TO! Not only once, but a couple of times...until 1 of our dogs thought he was trying to hurt/kidnap/break me? and pushed his way in the middle (he's a huge American Bulldog, about 90 lbs!) & pushed him away. :laugh:

Then my son came around the front & wrapped his arms around my waist to give me a hug, stopped, tried to grab my "love handles", and ran his hands along my sides a couple of times saying "you lost them! Hey, dad, she doesn't have her side thingys any more!" That made me stand up a little taller, and feel like a million! Still have a long way to go, but I was beginning to wane a bit, that helped spark my motivation.

Great idea for a thread - I'm getting inspired reading other people's victories, too!
  • catwomun
    catwomun Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This week I actually experienced my favourite NSV so far :bigsmile: I'm an opera-singer-in-training, and one of my main motivations to get in shape is to look awesome in a pair of pants in case I'm ever cast in a pants role in an opera. (Pants roles are a long-standing operatic convention in which a male character is played by a female singer dressed as a boy. They're some of the most fun roles for my voice type!)

I was having a singing lesson a couple of days ago with a visiting teacher, and when we were discussing the sort of roles I would eventually like to sing, she said, "You'd look great in a pants role. I'm serious! You're not one of those students I need to tell to lose 20 kilos. And honestly, I tell them."

SO HAPPY!

THAT IS AWESOME!!! For your next performance, you should post a vid so we can hear what I am sure is a beautiful voice! Go girl!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "you lost them! Hey, dad, she doesn't have her side thingys any more!"

This was just great...
  • catwomun
    Options
    So, I have this box of clothes that no longer fit because they are too small and since I am moving, I decided to go through it. My jeans and my jean jacket fit!!! It was my favorite jean jacket so I am totally psyched. ALSO, the capris that I have been wearing will no longer stay on me without a belt (I learned it the hard way when I went out clubbing last night, LOL). YAY for MFP and thanks to my friends on here who won't let me quit!
  • catwomun
    Options
    This is huge for me. I can now buy a jar of Nutella and just have 1 tablespoonful about once a week!
    I used to eat the entire jar in one sitting.

That's because they put crack in there. True story.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    One of the best NSVs I have is going to stores, trying clothes I think I can finally fit in... and I'm a size smaller than I thought.
    This week I was looking for jeans... size 44... it's big. In some cuts of jeans even 42 was a little bit loose. The bad part is that I didn't find the perfect jeans yet.

Also, I met with a friend who is getting married next week. She kept telling `You really lost some weight`. But this is not the best part. She also congratulated me for my hard work. It's even better to know that people acknowledge my effort... not just the `You lost weight` that sounds like `Are you sick? Are you taking pills?` it's so weird that when I lost 30-40 pounds no one noticed, and now when I'm stalling with weight for almost 1 month (I'm loosing inches althought which is better, yay!!!) everybody notices.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the week is wearing a wrap dress that I've owned for a few years now but never been able to wear. I tried it on in May and was told I was still a little too lumpy and bumpy for it but I tried it on the other day and I looked pretty smooth and felt really good in it, finally. I could do with having some of my boobs back to fill the top of it better as my bra kept showing but still, I was over the moon :)
  • tirola
    tirola Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k on July 21st. Ran another one this morning. My time this morning was 6:32 faster than the one last month!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! :drinker:

My NSV: At the gym, doing decline bench press for the first time since I started lifting heavy … At the end of my 4th set one of the guys told me I was doing great and working hard and offered a fist bump :laugh: Made me feel great! Not sure if any of it was related to a new top I wore (in my picture) that made me feel like I looked good :blushing: , but I'm telling myself it was mostly because of my work … although either way would still be a NSV.
  • debbieklann
    debbieklann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was carrying my 1 year old grandson last night and thought...this kid feels lighter! But, he wasn't lighter...I'm just stronger! I also ran 2 miles straight today...which might not seem like a big deal...but I am NOT a runner...I have always hated running...but this morning I had so much fun! And I know I could've kept going...I probably will next time!
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Tried on some old jeans that were in the "skinny section" of my closet from 3 years ago---and they fit!! Woot woot! I'm back in my size 6's!