Share Your School Lunch Ideas

Options
So, I decided on the menu for next week. I have the exhausting habit of sending my kids with involved lunches, I think it stems from having simple lunches as a child ~ just another example of how our parents scarred us as children! (And to pay it forward, my children will probably send their children with simple lunches, claiming that I scarred them with crazy lunches! The battle continues...)

Black bean and corn shredded beef burritos
~ black bean and corn salsa
~HEB fully cooked seasoned shredded beef
~pico de gallo
~sour cream or cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese
~avocado

Taco Pita Pockets
~all the loving goodness of a taco, stuffed into a pita topped with tri-colored tortilla strips

Turkey Sub Sandwiches
~Not your ordinary, these are topped with crushed red pepper tapenade sauce instead of mayo or mustard

BBQ Beef Sandwiches on Crustini Bread
~Simplest of all; HEB fully cooked shredded BBQ beef, pickles and onions on the side
~ of course, ranch style beans and potato salad or cole slaw (each kid his own)

Frito Chili Pie
~ Chili with beans over fritos, topped with diced onions cheese and jalapenos

With 4 kids, it will be a lot like cooking an extra meal each day!

Please share your lunch ideas!

Replies

• lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can I sign up to be one of your kids. I would love to bring lunches like that to work. I wouldn't be so tempted to eat everything but my own lunch.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I like a couple of grilled sausages, left to cool, drizzled with a honey mustard dressing with some sliced baby tomatoes, a bunch of salad leaves, all rolled up in a flatbread. Also works really well with chicken, or you could leave the honey mustard out and spread some home-made hummus over the flatbread.