Where can I buy pants?

Options
I have recently lost inches rather than weight. My clothes are rediculous! I don't fit in the plus sizes and the regular sizes fit in the waist but are skin tight in the thighs. Where can a person buy a pair of pants that don't look and feel like you just put on a wet-suit? Is this just the style of the day or am I truely that disproportionate? I have tried all the mall chains and places like target as well as the plus sized places. Should I buy larger and then alter? Help!

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    We don't know who the manufacturers are making pants for - but we all feel your pain. NYDJ works for me as does Coldwater Creek City Pants. I wore them as a size 14 and now wear a six in NYDJ.

It is the style now. "Skinny Jeans" or some variation ...
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with pants-- if they fit in the hips they are huge in the waist! NYDJ jeans have some styles that fit me perfectly, but the pockets are positioned to look like "mom" jeans and they are quite expensive but not that durable. I just got a $30 pair of jeans that I'm planning to have taken in in the waist. I'll still be way ahead over the $110 jeans even if the alterations are overpriced. So I guess I'd advise getting pants that fit your biggest area and get the other parts tailored.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have a small waist and bigger thighs from having 3 kids and I'm also really short. I like the Angels Jeans you can get them on ebay or amazon and they fit really well. They come in pretty much any size you can think of and they are lightweight denim so they are comfortable on. Or I like the Seven Brand Jeans or Fiorucci but those are a little harder to find online in as many sizes.
  • archgirl99
    archgirl99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try NYDJ and Cold water Creek. It is truely disheartening to find that I had an easier time finding clothes when I was more out of shape!
  • Kimbee1974
    Options
    I am one that has always had a smaller waist than my hips and thighs. I look for "relaxed" or loose fit. This way I get a smaller size that fits in the waist and instead of fitting baggy in the hips/thighs they are perfect! I personally love Silver jeans (at Maurices or Macy's) but again you have to watch for the "fit". Stay away from slim fit or fitted through hips/thighs.