girl going wrong way on running track

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
I sometimes run at the high school track a few blocks from my house. and there is this one girl that i see running the opposite direction!! see, on a track, you're supposed to run counterclockwise. i don't get it either. clockwise makes more sense to me, but whatever.

so this girl is just running around the track in the opposite direction. not only that, she's kinda refusing to get out of peoples way, barreling down small children and senior citizens alike. its kinda funny, because she's really not going that fast, but you should see her making a big deal about stepping around people.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Is she crazy?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Is she crazy?

possibly
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i was just waiting for this lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    She pays dues to the track.

Wait, nobody does.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Some people enjoy conflict. Perhaps this is one of those people.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    This is funny really. Maybe she is just one of those "I'm better than you so you must get out of my way people" or just possibly stupid either way I would have a hard time not just busting out laughing at her.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    This is funny really. Maybe she is just one of those "I'm better than you so you must get out of my way people" or just possibly stupid either way I would have a hard time not just busting out laughing at her.

i think it stems from a childhood trauma, like her parents making her color inside the lines or something.
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just a thought - is she disabled in any way?

We go to a local ice rink and there's a boy who's autistic and will ONLY go clockwise. It's fine when the rink is going clockwise, but after the zamboni resurfaces the ice and the skaters are redirected to go counterclockwise, he'll still barrel through and go clockwise. His parents have to take him off the ice and distract him until they resurface the ice and go clockwise again.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If only she would Google track etiquette I'm sure she'd be more courteous
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Funny!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    8 prefer counterclockwise but alternate so all those left turns don't make me imbalanced. I'm serious but also making fun of myself.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's no joking matter. We should all chip in to buy her a track she doesn't have to share...
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The world is her track and we are just lucky to run on it
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    There should be signs that say which direction the track is on certain days so people don't always go the same way and have one leg become bigger than the other
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm a little jealous that the local highschool there allows people to run on the track.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm a little jealous that the local highschool there allows people to run on the track.

They really don't where you live?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Yeah. This.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Running down the road less traveled...
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic. Creating topics, even in Chit-Chat that are poking fun at or mocking another topic isn't appropriate and is a violation of our guidelines.

The forum guidelines includes these items:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics
    Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.