Anyone in here currently pregnant?

Options
mia0606
mia0606 Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Maria and currently I am 29 weeks pregnant! I have been into health and fitness since my first child (she is almost 5 now). I have been trying to stay as active as possible, while listening to my body at the same time. I have not gained a ton of weight, but I will definitely be looking to get the extra weight off as soon as baby is born!
My goal right now is obviously not to lose weight, but to connect with others who are currently pregnant and looking for support or those that just had a baby and are looking to get the weight off!

Replies

• BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am, 7 weeks 2 days here. I'm still actively trying to lose weight and not gain more than absolutely needed.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm pregnant! 21 weeks. I exercise when I feel up to it, which is crazy because I was so much more active before getting pregnant and being exhausted all the time. My doc wants me to gain 25 pounds which is scary to me, but I want a healthy baby so I'm going my best to stay healthy now too.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    I'm 14 weeks and this is our 3rd child..I've exercised since my 1st child (who is now 5) also. If my scale is right, I haven't put on any weight so far.
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my third child. I'm trying to lose a tiny bit of weight and then just maintain my weight till Dec 8th. (DUE DATE!) I'm about 65 lbs overweight and I had PreEclampsia with my last child are the reasons for the weight loss. (Do NOT want to do that again!) Feel free to add me! I log every day, but don't always complete the log. Swimming and pre-natal workouts are most of my exercise, but I don't do it as much as I should. Congrats!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am 13 going on 14 weeks. I haven't gained yet but my doctor took me off of exercise for 2 weeks following a little scare, so this may be the week where I see the scale move up :P
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, congratulations to you all. I'm not pregnant, but I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old.
    All I would say is make sure you are being sensible - healthy eating & getting all the vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals for the baby and to keep you healthy during your pregnancy is the main thing - actual weight loss should only be with the advice and support of your doctor or health professional.
    25lbs sounds about right staplebug from what I read up on when I was pregnant with my children, obviously it varies between women, but you have to take into account the weight of the baby, extra fluid, blood etc.
    When the baby is born, you need to allow your body to recover a bit, especially if you have had a c section. Also you will need to make sure you are looking after yourself to cope with the night feeds and particularly if you are breastfeeding. The baby will take what he or she needs, but you can be depleted of the things you need if you don't take care. That doesn't mean pregnancy or breastfeeding is an excuse for the cream cakes, but you will need healthy snacks and to keep an eye on your iron levels etc. Also if you are breastfeeding you will need to ensure you keep well hydrated.
    Keeping fit during your pregnancy is a good thing definitely, just make sure you are following any doctors' advice etc and you will be much more able to cope with all the sleepless nights and the demands of a newborn if you are fit and healthy. Good luck x
  • MrsMJNam
    MrsMJNam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am 16 weeks pregnant. I have gained a bit too much because all I wanted was grease (chili cheese fries WITH pastrami, chili burgers, etc). So thankful that phase is over! Oddly enough before pregnancy I was juicing and working out. Now starting last week, I just talk a mile walk everyday. I am overweight (currently 162)... I was at one point 139 pre-pregnancy so I am not a small girl.. But i do hope the change in eating habits works out well for me and baby.

I too had preeclampsia last pregnancy and was bedridden from 28 weeks up until delivery at 39 weeks. I was 215... worked at it and got down to 139. Happy and healthy! But this particular time I believe I started at 150... my doc said not to gain more than 25 pounds so thats my goal. I am 12 pounds in already so I need to make some changes.

Congrats to all of you!
  • mia0606
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! It's nice to meet you!
  • XsnakyX
    XsnakyX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently lost 5 pounds and my goal was to lose about 20 to 25 more (5 for insurance if you will lol). But I just found out a week ago that I am pregnant. I am about 5 weeks along now. I am 32 and this is my very first pregnancy. I have been on birth control since I was a teenager and decided to stop in February to get my body healthy for a baby. I have also been taking prenatal vitamins since the day I got off birth control. It was definitely a shocker and a huge surprise for my husband and I, because we were not going to try for a baby until next year. Hopefully everything goes well and we have a healthy baby in April of 2014.

I am hoping not to gain too much pregnancy weight. I will still eat healthy and use the app for calorie counting. But I have given in to my cravings because I love food so much. Sometimes I crave something so bad and won't get over it until I eat it. I've seen skinny women with big bellies and I just saw my cousin-in-law who was skinny on her wedding day, but gained a lot of weight by her 8th month of pregnancy. I almost feel like stopping a woman on the street and asking her what is her secret to staying thin while pregnant lol.

Feel free to add me to friends. :)

Congratulations to all the pregnant women.
  • tommyjordan23
    Options
    I look pregnant!!!
  • EllieMo1
    EllieMo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks pregnant now and I am doing really well with not putting on any weight. I put on 7 lbs almost right away and so far that's about all I've gained. I am over weight to begin with, so I've been very careful about what I eat and I've been walking. I was doing zumba in the beginning, but I got dizzy and quit doing high impact exercise.

However, I want everything sweet! Fruit, cake, etc., anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on sweet alternatives?

Thanks!
  • mia0606
    Options
    EllieMo1 how about adding more protein to your diet? Or at least balancing fruit with some Greek yogurt. The Fage yogurt has 23 grams of protein for 1 cup. Also, protein shakes are good too but make sure they don't have a ton of sugar in them and the most all natural protein shakes the better (make your own for instance). Just some ideas
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - congrats to those of you who are also pregnant :) I'm 35 and 8 weeks pregnant with my first. I'm so excited but I feel like I've gained so much already. I think it's mostly being bloated, but my stomach feels harder and looks pregnant (I'm overweight and have about 90 lbs to lose - so it wasn't far off before lol). I'm meeting with my doctor for the first time tomorrow and hope he can answer some questions I have about what the right caloric intake is for me. I don't want to gain a ton of weight but want to do what's right for the baby. I'm sure the doctor will have some advice. It's nice to see a group of women here that are going through the same things - it's always great to have support. :)
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 23 weeks with my 3rd baby...a surprise! I had a terrible pregnancy with my 2nd (high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, bed rest) & this pregnancy has been wonderful so far. Mostly, I think because I lost almost 50lbs & got my health under control before this happened!! :) I was exercising every night & lately I've been very tired & wore down. I've been still trying to do some form of exercise. I've also gained about 20lbs already & my dr only wanted me to gain about 25! So my weight gain is freaking me out!! But I feel very blessed & I'm just trying to keep everything in perspective. Congrats to everyone else!! :)
  • lms4310
    lms4310 Posts: 21
    Options
    Im 39 and 13 weeks pregnant and already gained 14 lbs. I started at 133. Its frustrating since before I was pregnant I enjoyed exercise and eating fruits and veggies. All I want now is sweets and fried foods. Its almost crazy that my cravings went to such a extreme. Im at the severe fatigue stage so I barley make it through my shift at work before I need a nap. As of 2 days ago my hunger lessened so I am hoping that my food intake will get better and back to more healthier eating along with energy to start like exercise again. Its nice to know that Im not alone is this...
  • EllieMo1
    EllieMo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Mia606 I've been trying to bump up my protein, I'll try the greek yogurt! Thanks for the tip! :smile:
  • Sentrita
    Options
    Hello ladies, I am currently at 24 weeks with my 2nd. I am really struggling and need support, my friends aren't very active on here. I take my measurements weekly, because that is a beacon compared to my weight. I joined this site about 9 months after I had my first. While breastfeeding, I lost 12 more lbs and gained it back after I was done. So my total weight loss after my first was 15lbs. I have stayed the same, roughly, throughout this one. I do yoga, take walks, hike and bike.... And I feel like I am getting nowhere. I am also hungry more often, but am afraid to eat anymore because I don't want to gain weight. So, I come on here to look for support. Feel free to friend me, but send a message so I know you're not a creeper. :-)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    No, I just look like I am!! :bigsmile:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 18 weeks and very excited about my growing belly! I never dreamed I'd be so excited about that belly popping out there!

There is a group on here that may be of interest to you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

ETA: Oh, I didn't see this was an old post that got bumped.
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    I hope to be! Will find out next week :smile: