14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Bikini Mission!

Do not worry at all …when you first started the chart I was thinking man this woman must have a lot of time on her hands! So don’t worry we will all keep going and post our weights at the end…

I am just so happy you started the challenge!!!! No need to apologize or feel bad!!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    We also need people to let the newbies know the new challenge for the week. I've seen some still think it's the one with chocolate.

Challenge this week was 50 sit-ups a day
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters..dont worry!! That was definitly too much to take on!

So week two-sit ups, no problem.
    The choclate challenge, well, I have sort of modified it for me. I do have choclate when it is in my protein bar or protein powder. But other than that I'm not eating choclate. My personal goal is to stay away from all sweets....at least for awhile. We have Thanksgiving the second weekend in October so I know there will be dessert there....going to try to make it until then!!!!!!

This is a great challenge and so motivating! I'm so happy with myself for starting this and doing something about losing weight way before Christmas!!!

have a great weekend everyone! And good luck with the challenge!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Christmas Challengers!

I have a problem --- there are now so many of you that I literally don't have time to make the charts every week.

I feel horrible about this, I have a full time job and study 2 nights a week so when started the group I envisaged maybe 20 or so challengers and thought I'd be able to make a snazzy chart in my lunch hour one or two days a week. However there are currently over 100 of us and the group is still growing! I've been working on the chart for my last two lunch breaks and am nowhere near finishing! I've recently moved house and havent got internet set up yet so I haven't been able to work on this in the evenings either. It just seems to take forever to transfer all the details across and then make sure everything is correct plus add all of you new members and work out what week you're all working on. As the weeks go on and more people join/leave I can only imagine that the time needed will increase and I think I need to admit defeat on the chart front right now!

I'm really sorry, I HATE to let you all down when we have such a good group going!! I hope that the challenge can continue without weekly charts though - there'll still be a weekly challenge and we'll still post our results but instead of a weekly chart I'll make one at the very end so we can compare starting weights with finishing weights and have a leaderboard and special mentions, challenge highlights etc. all as originally planned.

Does this sound ok? I hope everyone will still stick with the Christmas Challenge and keep posting their results, stories, encouragement and anything else they'd like to share despite not being able to see their results on a nice chart every week!

Thanks for being such a great group!

:)

P.S. On the off-chance that anybody else would like to attempt the charts each week you are more than welcome, I wish it could be me!

fine with me! that is way too much work!!!

one sugesttion i have is to see people's progress weekly is to have everyone post (each week):
    start weight:
    week one weigh in:
    week two weigh in:
    week three weigh in:
    etc.
    until the 14 weeks are up. that way we can see how even a gain one week isn't the end of the world or how quickly all those half pound weight loss adds up. :)
    dawn
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i started this challenge a few days ago, i also just started eating healthy and doing exercise on september 22, 2010....my initial weigh in WAS 180, now it's 178 ibs since this morning. My aim for next week was 179.... :-)
  • sazziecee
    Options
    Well I failed and had chocolate towards the end of week 1, totally forgot about the challenge, was only a couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate, but still!!!

I did lose 1lb last week though and 1.5lb this week, so still on track
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy friday!!
    Hope everyone is doing well I havent been around much this week as its been a bad week personally for me but Im so pleased to see everyone is doing so well I hit the pound target whoop for me so Im on track and Im on track with this week's challange good luck to everyone! xx
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Christmas Challengers!

I have a problem --- there are now so many of you that I literally don't have time to make the charts every week.

I feel horrible about this, I have a full time job and study 2 nights a week so when started the group I envisaged maybe 20 or so challengers and thought I'd be able to make a snazzy chart in my lunch hour one or two days a week. However there are currently over 100 of us and the group is still growing! I've been working on the chart for my last two lunch breaks and am nowhere near finishing! I've recently moved house and havent got internet set up yet so I haven't been able to work on this in the evenings either. It just seems to take forever to transfer all the details across and then make sure everything is correct plus add all of you new members and work out what week you're all working on. As the weeks go on and more people join/leave I can only imagine that the time needed will increase and I think I need to admit defeat on the chart front right now!

I'm really sorry, I HATE to let you all down when we have such a good group going!! I hope that the challenge can continue without weekly charts though - there'll still be a weekly challenge and we'll still post our results but instead of a weekly chart I'll make one at the very end so we can compare starting weights with finishing weights and have a leaderboard and special mentions, challenge highlights etc. all as originally planned.

Does this sound ok? I hope everyone will still stick with the Christmas Challenge and keep posting their results, stories, encouragement and anything else they'd like to share despite not being able to see their results on a nice chart every week!

P.S. On the off-chance that anybody else would like to attempt the charts each week you are more than welcome, I wish it could be me!

one sugesttion i have is to see people's progress weekly is to have everyone post (each week):
    start weight:
    week one weigh in:
    week two weigh in:
    week three weigh in:
    etc.
    until the 14 weeks are up. that way we can see how even a gain one week isn't the end of the world or how quickly all those half pound weight loss adds up. :)
    dawn

I like that idea!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Christmas Challengers!

start weight:
    week one weigh in:
    week two weigh in:
    week three weigh in:
    etc.
    dawn

I like that idea!

That's how I post it in most boards. Really happy to go back with that.
  • jacgray
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it. You did a great job just starting the challenge. Everyone is so supportive and what is good about this challenge is that it is "doable", its not such an impossible challenge that you feel you want to give up after a couple of weeks. Thank you.
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awww! Bikinimission! Dont worry at all!

I love the idea that godblessourhome has, where we put in our starting weight, and then the weight of each week. Plus we can add our goal weight and how we did with the challenge that week~

This challenge has definitely been successful and I am surprised as well at how many challengers we have! I think its great for support and motivation, and we can definitely keep track of our own weights and post them, and at the end we can do a final board with the starting numbers and final numbers and we can all help with the charts!

*hugs! Youve done great so far! Now you can focus on the boards and not so much on making this monster chart with everyone's info!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Here's my weekly information

SW: 246.9
    Week 1 Goal: 245.0, Actual: 245.4 (-1.5), Challenge Met: Yes, No Chocolate for 1 week
    Week 2 Goal: 243.4
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I pulled a stomach muscle by sneezing while in plank form. My allergies have been off the charts. I vote we do this challenge again in a few weeks. I will go to NO Chocolate again. :sad:
  • aprilgicker
    Options
    I changed my signature to reflect the challenge.:flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Awwwww April!!! That totally sucks!!! My abs are feeling pretty brutalized too.....but nothing is pulled....
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds good. No worries you have not let us down, thanks for organizing the challenge. Oh, I have increased my situps as I go I am at 150 hoping to increase to 200 today.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yesterday went 610 calories over my 1200 budget........I have to explain about the mcflurry, I know it's not a good excuse, but I had a 13 min break at job. Worked from 4:30 pm til 10:15 pm. NOT COMPLAINNG AT ALL...we were slammed...they had me in several places throughout the day...drive thru taking both orders and cash...then a few hours later switched me from drive thru to taking orders in the lobby....then after a lil bit switched me back over to drive thru...me personally i prefer drive thru over ANYTHING ELSE there....I'M LOVING IT....LOL...so after i got off work, one of my friends wanted a mcflurry....SOOOOO I decided you know that sounds like a great way to end my day...lol...so i got snack size Reese's flurry.

Then, when I get home my buddy had BBQ and I just COULD NOT say no to that...lol....I didn't even bother counting...didn't bother measuring or ANYTHING...LOL...anyways i can just count this day as ONE of my cheat days....lol...AFTER ALL my cheat days is the weekend...lol

EXERCISE:
    60 MINS WALKING
  • aprilgicker
    Options
    I feel different,:wink: can't wait to see the scale. I keep it a surprise.
  • missyvanb
    missyvanb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is a great Idea Dawn.... Not one person should be in charge of everyone The point is to have fun while loosing weight and in my Case being accountable. I am in for posting every week. However I do love the little mini challenges.

start weight: 142.00
    Week One 9/21/2010.....138.00 (-4)
    Week Two 9/28/2010 140.00 (+2) (had a bad party weekend Will make up this week
    Week Three 10/05/2010
    Week Four 10/12/2010
    Week Five 10/18/2010
    Week Six 10/25/2010
    Week Seven 11/01/2010
    Week Eight 11/08/2010
    Week Nine 11/15/2010
    Week Ten 11/22/2010
    Week Eleven 11/29/2010
    Week Twelve 12/06/2010
    Week Thirteen 12/13/2010
    Week Fourteen 12/20/2010
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I wont actually be weighing in until week 9 but I have decided I will post my measurements instead until then!
    start weight: 229lbs
    Week One 9/21/2010 No idea!
    Week Two 9/28/2010 Neck 36.5cm, Waist 119.5cm, Hips 132cm and Thighs 62.5cm ( My thighs were originally 75cm 4 weeks ago!)
    Week Three 10/05/2010
    Week Four 10/12/2010
    Week Five 10/18/2010
    Week Six 10/25/2010
    Week Seven 11/01/2010
    Week Eight 11/08/2010
    Week Nine 11/15/2010
    Week Ten 11/22/2010
    Week Eleven 11/29/2010
    Week Twelve 12/06/2010
    Week Thirteen 12/13/2010
    Week Fourteen 12/20/2010