Need to lose 40+ pounds

Options
I have been a long time coming to the realization that I am so overweight that I am harming my well-being. I am only 5'4" and weight 204lbs. Time to move out of the land of denial. I have a beautiful 6 month old Granddaughter and I want to be able to carry her around and be here for the the long haul. I love this program. I have no excuses for not being accountable for what I eat no matter where I am. I have lost 10 lbs so far by changing my eating habits and do Wii fitness and now Wii Active trainer. My clothes are a little looser and I am feeling better about myself already. I tell everyone I know about this app and encourage them to check it out. :happy:

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey xxx
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll get a lot of support here and tons of information. You might though become addicted, just a warning. Wii Fitness huh? It's on my Christmas Wish List. I heard that it's a lot of fun. Sounds like your making the right changes, anything helps. We all go through the denial phase. I refused to get bigger clothes lol.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your weight loss! I know you can lose that weight... we'll cheer you on! :-)
  • mytmom
    Options
    Good for you! I have a wii and the wii fitness but I haven't been using it, I'm so lazy it's horrible. Which has gotten me in the shape (or lack there of) a long with a few other factors, I'm in. I really want to get this weight off and I know there is no magic way for it to happen, so I have to take a day at a time, sometimes an hour at a time.
  • sommer454
    sommer454 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alright!! I was looking for you guys, I need to lose about 45 pounds! So far I've lost 1. LOL Hey but at least that 1 pound is gone.
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    10lbs is a big deal!! Great job!

Once your granddaughter starts running around terrorizing (lol) you"ll be more than ready!!