Cardio - Focus T25 - first time

Options
OMG! I thought I was in shape, I can burn through all the TurboFire workouts and it's not a problem. I couldn't even do the whole T25 without using the modification girl, that's insane. I will say, that was the best bang for my exercise buck that I have had in a long time. I am so excited for the rest if I don't die. LOL.

Tell me it gets better and fitness is built quickly because wow.

Replies

• jess4fun
    jess4fun Posts: 20
    Options
    Just finished 1st week of beta and was surprise about how well I did on core cardio on day one this week. Had to follow Tonia for speed 2.0, but that was more because I tweaked my back not because I was tired. That being said, that double up on Friday- core cardio and upper focus kicked my butt! I've done insanity twice an I think t25 is the fastest I've seen body changes. Not weight drop, but abs and arms becoming more defined. It's my fav so far. Good luck!
  • JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am starting T25 tomorrow. I am hoping to get a good workout. Good Luck!
  • jmvvd2013
    Options
    I am also starting tomorrow!! :smile: I have a question though; I have not seen a lot of people talking about Shakeology when doing these workouts. Are the workouts more effective with Shakeology?
  • BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How do you log it in? How many calories does it burn?
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone, I start week 4 tomorrow and am loving it!! Great burn for a 25 min workout.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    How do you log it in? How many calories does it burn?

You need to use a heart rate monitor because each person burns calories at a different rate :-)
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I log it as a 100 calorie burn in my journal, I figured I burn a little more than that but at least that, so it's a win win.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I log it as a 100 calorie burn in my journal, I figured I burn a little more than that but at least that, so it's a win win.

Since most of my friends are doing it right now, I will tell you that no one burns less than 200 calories in that 25 minutes. Keep that in mind so that you're eating enough :-)
  • SpinCyn
    SpinCyn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of doing T25 after Insanity(10 days left!!!!!)
  • BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of great result on MFP. Are any of you combining T25 with other exercises?
  • AmandaD99
    AmandaD99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Since most of my friends are doing it right now, I will tell you that no one burns less than 200 calories in that 25 minutes. Keep that in mind so that you're eating enough :-)

I usually burn between 170-200 calories in the 25 minutes + cool down according to my heart rate monitor. I'm 5'9 and about 275 lbs. That being said, I do modify about half the time because of my size and being unable to jump consistently. So it's possible a lighter person could push harder and therefore, burn more.
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do use Shakeology. I have it for breakfast after my morning workout. Seems to help. Definitely gives me energy and has cut my cravings. Some days I add a second protein shake using a regular protein powder.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love T25! I'm on my 3rd week of it and have already lost 3.25 inches and 2 pounds. I'm not following the diet plan, just doing the workouts. I usually burn about 200-250 calories each time, except the stretch day of course. For some of the exercises I do the modifier but only because I'm not coordinated enough to do the other version!