What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday for 180 Days

Options
Daisey4522
Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
I have finally hit 180 Days of logging on MFP so that my 180 report can be viewed! (I posted a similar thread after 90 Days).

How often do you weigh yourself? Everyone I know weighs themselves at maximum once a week. I weigh myself every single day so I can be able to recognize normal fluctuations (see link below of my report for the last 180 days).

If I waited an entire week to weigh myself and then the number was higher or the same, I would get frustrated.

I have learned what is normal for my body and do not get frustrated weighing myself everyday. I am kind of obsessed with weighing myself actually... I even weighed myself with and without my dog the other day... Haha okay I was just trying to see how much he weighs ;)

hwbyiu.png

Note: I followed my nutrition and fitness routine 90-95% of the time. I went on three vacations during these last 180 days (although I worked out and watched what I ate). Also, I noticed that a particular time of the month for women can affect the number on the scale.

I hope this helps to show how much your weigh can fluctuate from day to day so you do not get discouraged if you see an unexpected number :)

EDIT - Size of report was too large :) Think I fixed it now.

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - nice literal look at the big picture. Thanks for posting!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! It's nice to see the overall picture. I may have to try this! Thanks!
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So, did MFP post a note to all your friends that you gained 2 lbs since your last weigh in? I weigh every day too, but haven't logged it, because I don't want that message going out to everyone.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    So, did MFP post a note to all your friends that you gained 2 lbs since your last weigh in? I weigh every day too, but haven't logged it, because I don't want that message going out to everyone.

It does not post weight gains :-)
  • skizzerbizkit
    skizzerbizkit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic and motivating. I'm definitely going to try this. It's about six months till my birthday, and I'd love to have a good-looking chart like this to celebrate with. Thanks for the post! ^___^
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I think that is really good for people to see how much weight can fluctuate day by day. I weigh every day but don't get discouraged if my weight is up on some days as I know that I cannot possibly have put on even a single pound overnight as I would have had to eat an extra 3,600 calories !! Sometimes people set too much store by what the scale says - we should use it for guidance only as we know by how we feel and how our clothes feel if we are losing weight. Thank you for posting - I think it will help a lot of people, and congratulations on your steady loss :)
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have almost the same starting and ending weight as you for the past 6 months! I also love to weigh myself each day but only record the losses, when I'm sure they're "real." I love to look at the spot on the dial where I started from, to be able to see that visual reminder of how far I've come. It's a big motivator for me. Yes, I see lots of small fluctuations too.
  • spartans1958
    Options
    Wow cool1111
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily for mostly the same reasons. Here is what mine looks like. It includes a dip when I got the flu in January, and a couple of humps when I purposely bulked. :)

weightdec2012toaug2013_zps45815f20.png
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    So interesting! I dont weigh daily but i weigh every other day. For the purpose of a cool looking chart i might weigh daily. Not to sound creepy but i was fascinated by your weight spikes." Im like oh those look kinda random" *further inspection* "omg its real! t.o.m gains are real and i can cease to feel bad about gains during this time", even successful losers( thats an odd term) get them. So thanks for that insight lol. Great progress.:flowerforyou:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Totally agree, I weigh every day but then I'm a data geek......... I only load weight losses on MFP though (average over 7 months, 2 lbs + per week). Like you I understand exactly what is causing fluctuations.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Everyone I know weighs themselves at maximum once a week. I weigh myself every single day so I can be able to recognize normal fluctuations (see link below of my report for the last 180 days).

If I waited an entire week to weigh myself and then the number was higher or the same, I would get frustrated.

I have learned what is normal for my body and do not get frustrated weighing myself everyday. I am kind of obsessed with weighing myself actually...

That's me :laugh: See my ticker. The bulge in August was a 2 week vacation break. Other visible slower weight loss is very much cycle determined.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That is what I do when I am at home! When I travel I bring a tape measure, and sometimes measure my waist every day.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    That's awesome - nice literal look at the big picture. Thanks for posting!

You are welcome! It really helps me understand my body and not get frustrated so I can keep moving forward :)
  • Daisey4522
    Options

First of all, if the scale shows that I gained 2 lbs, oh well. I dont sweat it! You could be retaining water, etc. MFP does not send a notification that I gained weight, but the next time my weight is lower it will act as if I lost more weight than I did.

For example:

Wednesday - 175 lbs
    Thursday - 177 lbs
    Friday - 174 lbs (MFP would say I lost 3 lbs since my last weigh in, but I would really only take that as a 1 lb weight loss)

I usually add a note saying "not a new weight loss" if it shows that I lost weight but it was not my lowest.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    this is fantastic and motivating. I'm definitely going to try this. It's about six months till my birthday, and I'd love to have a good-looking chart like this to celebrate with. Thanks for the post! ^___^

You are welcome and good luck!!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    I think that is really good for people to see how much weight can fluctuate day by day. I weigh every day but don't get discouraged if my weight is up on some days as I know that I cannot possibly have put on even a single pound overnight as I would have had to eat an extra 3,600 calories !! Sometimes people set too much store by what the scale says - we should use it for guidance only as we know by how we feel and how our clothes feel if we are losing weight. Thank you for posting - I think it will help a lot of people, and congratulations on your steady loss :)

I couldn't agree more! And thank you :)
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

AND THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!

I have actually lost 5 pounds recently, but I had gained weight since first making my account. So, it would post on my wall saying "Kallie has lost 2 pounds" but my marker on my tracker is at 0 ;)
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Ahh this is good to know, i weigh everyday too but only post when it goes down and not up. xD
  • redbev306
    Options
    Thanks for posting! :) This actually convinced me NOT to weigh everyday so that I'm not tempted to let the negativity get to me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!