binge help

Options
I ate whatever i wanted from wednesday to today. I am talking taco bell every night, oreos, ice cream, and junk food. Id say i ate around 3000 cal a day it seems like. I weighted myself today bc i decided to go back on my 1200 cal diet today and i went from 192 to 205!!!! Totally down and now i dont want to start over. feeling really down!

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever i wanted from wednesday to today. I am talking taco bell every night, oreos, ice cream, and junk food. Id say i ate around 3000 cal a day it seems like. I weighted myself today bc i decided to go back on my 1200 cal diet today and i went from 192 to 205!!!! Totally down and now i dont want to start over. feeling really down!

Don't mean to be judgemental....but "i decided to go back on my 1200 cal diet today" that's what happens when you eat too few calories = binge eating.

Maybe increase your calorie intake a bit so you will feel less deprived and not binge?

Sorry.

Good luck
  • jquick25
    jquick25 Posts: 45
    Options
    thats not rude at all. thanks and I might give that a try.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    thats not rude at all. thanks and I might give that a try.

Cool :) I didn't mean for it to be rude. Maybe set your MFP weekly goal to 0.5 or 1 lbs weekly loss. That should give you some extra calories and fill in some healthy foods and still lose weight :)
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much the story of my life because I couldn't live happily on a 1200 calorie diet. I am now eating 1550 a day, plus my exercise calories. It may take me a little longer to lose the weight, but at least I know when I go into maintenance mode I can keep it up instead of starving myself and constantly craving a pint of Ben and Jerry's and peanut butter M&M's and mint oreos and Wendy's....ya
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    go to settings>goals> and look at your estimated daily burn. Memorize that number. Always eat less than it and you won't gain weight. Depending on where you are between 1200 and that number and how much your exercise, you will lose weight faster or slower.

Also, remember 3500 calories = 1 pound. So, every time you eat 3500 calories over that number you are going to gain weight. If you want the taco bell and Oreos, eat them, just log them an be aware of how much you are actually eating. You don't have to banish these foods, just make an informed decision.