Rant About Track Etiquette

Options

Replies

• Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    Many many moons ago I would run on my HS track, and there would be people walking, I'd run around them without thinking twice about it. It never bothered me to take the three extra steps, and I was typically doing sprints, and 7 minute miles on distance days. Pretty sad, there's only a 6 year difference in our ages, and you have a massive sense of entitlement. I bet you want me you pay for your health care and college too. I'm just glad that my life focuses more on other people than it does on me, because if I were as self-centered as you I'd be a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being.

Here's a thought, run cross-country, I passed my neighbors this morning on my run, and even as they slowly walked their dog, I had plenty of room to move to the left and go around. Wait, Damn them, they should have gotten out of my way. I'm going to go over there and kick that old mans butt up and around his ears.

Nah, I have better things to do, like, anything.

Rigger

**** you and everybody else on this forum who can't seem to grasp a basic concept. No, you do not get to look at one single post I made on a forum and assume things about my life. I work hard for everything I have. I am a kind person. I pay for my own college. I have made the constant uphill climb to rise from a life of poverty in a trailer park with 4 siblings and no college degrees between my parents. I still am. I fight every day and I fight hard. Not a single person in my life has Ever called me entitled or selfish.

You talk about rudeness and bullying? Look at you. You're all pathetic. You sit here and bully, deride, laugh at, and make fun of a random person on the Internet and act all haughty like you have the moral high ground. Go take your hypocritical bull****, shove it up your *kitten*, and then go run your 7 minute miles with it.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Annnnd lock
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    ^ Running on a track releases stress but only when done in a counter clockwise fashion
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Many many moons ago I would run on my HS track, and there would be people walking, I'd run around them without thinking twice about it. It never bothered me to take the three extra steps, and I was typically doing sprints, and 7 minute miles on distance days. Pretty sad, there's only a 6 year difference in our ages, and you have a massive sense of entitlement. I bet you want me you pay for your health care and college too. I'm just glad that my life focuses more on other people than it does on me, because if I were as self-centered as you I'd be a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being.

Here's a thought, run cross-country, I passed my neighbors this morning on my run, and even as they slowly walked their dog, I had plenty of room to move to the left and go around. Wait, Damn them, they should have gotten out of my way. I'm going to go over there and kick that old mans butt up and around his ears.

Rigger

**** you and everybody else on this forum who can't seem to grasp a basic concept. No, you do not get to look at one single post I made on a forum and assume things about my life. I work hard for everything I have. I am a kind person. I pay for my own college. I have made the constant uphill climb to rise from a life of poverty in a trailer park with 4 siblings and no college degrees between my parents. I still am. I fight every day and I fight hard. Not a single person in my life has Ever called me entitled or selfish.

You talk about rudeness and bullying? Look at you. You're all pathetic. You sit here and bully, deride, laugh at, and make fun of a random person on the Internet and act all haughty like you have the moral high ground. Go take your hypocritical bull****, shove it up your *kitten*, and then go run your 7 minute miles with it.

quoted because, you know.

C'mon OP, you're being ridiculous.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    rlZahOT.gif
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Our track is covered in geese and goose poop. Therefore, I don't go unless I don't mind stepping in or around it.

The geese don't care about your workout.

If you really need that kind of solitude, get off the track. Like the annoying thing where people crowd the aisle in the grocery store, you will need to step back and realize that others have their own agenda. Theirs is as important to them as yours is to you.

There is a second option. If you're the fastest thing out there, maybe give the walkers an encouraging nod instead of a sneer. Runners are generally a friendly bunch. You're ruining our rep.

ETA: I'm a terrible introvert. I admit it. I'm actually attempting to be constructive here, because your attitude isn't hurting anyone but you.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Rigger

...You sound very kind.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    DavPul:

I love wolves. They are among my favorite animals. Alongside giraffes, jaguars, otters, grizzly bears, sharks, cats, dogs, raccoons, squirrels, ducks, eagles, penguins, rattlesnakes, tortoises, spiders, hippos, ibex, coyotes, porcupines, iguanas, ohffs, all the animalz.

Thank you for keeping it real.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Everytime someone posts a thread ranting about other people's behavior, they end up cracking and calling people names when people disagree with them. It's so cliché.

Next thread.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Rigger

Oh boy.....

I think you should disconnect from the internet for awhile and focus on you. :flowerforyou:

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    OP, I stopped running in the park for similar reasons. There would be people strolling side by side, three across, and I know they can see I am running and still will not move. I have had people stop in the middle of the trail having conversations and will not move. I have to veer into the grass to get around them. I think it is beyond rude. When I see/hear someone running faster than me, I always step to the right to allow them to pass. I run in my neighborhood now, but have been thinking going to visit the local high school track. You are now giving me second thoughts about it.

This is why I prefer to ride my bike...I can just run them all over if they don't move! How dare people take up the entire path! lol
    Actually I yell coming through coming through when I get closer to a group of people just standing there blocking my way lol. That gets them to move :laugh: We all just laugh as I wiz past ... So OP get a loud horn and carry it with you and squeeze that sucker several times or just yell coming through move over!!! lol
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Wait. I just realized that wolf gif basically says, "I don't care about you - here - let the wolves get you, because I'm bigger, faster, and badderassed."

Even better.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    rlZahOT.gif

hey you found a picture of me on my bike mowing down a bunch of women pushing strollers.. cool!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wait. I just realized that wolf gif basically says, "I don't care about you - here - let the wolves get you, because I'm bigger, faster, and badderassed."

Even better.

yeppers
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    rlZahOT.gif

I came for the lulz and got a fantastic, take-home gif.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This seems very silly to me it isn't that hard to run around someone if they're in your way lol maybe attach a sign to the front and back of your t shirt

I run counterclockwise, stay out of my lane or else.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    rlZahOT.gif

wow, best gif ever next to cat and bearded dragon
  • cmriverside
    Options

Even better.

yeppers

cold. I mean, really, it is.

Not sure how to feel.

Dog-Scared-By-Spring-Door-Stop.gif