Anyone else on 1 sweet a day?

Options

Replies

• 3sixtyFit
    Options
    If it fits into your macros/calories then it works!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have something sweet most nights, usually a semi-decadent iced coffee. And I never have a mall day without a mini Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a square of chocolate every day, as well as other "natural" sweets (celery and PB or a handful of almonds and dark chocolate chips do wonders for sweet cravings!) and I rarely feel the need to go crazy when faced with other less healthy sweets and temptations. I definitely believe in giving in to little sweets in moderation rather than losing it and feeling regretful after
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make sure I leave room for something sweet in my calories every day.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think she was looking at here diary. Its set at 1200 and she is always way under, and you get the judge'y feeling to if you read here bio. Nut anyway lets get back to the topic. T each there own .:drinker:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have 0, sometimes I have 10.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If it fits my calories/macros, yes!

I really want a cake or chocolate but they don't give anything good to my body. Fruits do.

You know what else doesn't do your body any good? Starving yourself. Just sayin', since you're getting judge-y about treats :)

I don't see anything judgey in her post. Or anything about starving herself.

There is such a backlash around here against the idea of restriction that any hint that someone has chosen to stop eating X food seems to be taken by others as a personal attack. What's up with that?

Diary.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that this is quite common.

On most days I have 1, and on a few days, I have several.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories/macros, do it. I leave room sometimes for a sweet treat (icecream, little bit of chocolate, biscuits/cookies). There's not point depriving yourself of it, learn how to eat this stuff in moderation and the changes you make while you're losing weight (or doing whatever your goal is) will become habits for a lifetime.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie goals, and I'm looking pretty smoking with my macros, heck yeah I do. Ice cream every night! I have not binged once since I started in June, because I don't restrict myself. I fit it into my goals and I am a happy camper.

Exactly.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If it fits my calories/macros, yes!

I really want a cake or chocolate but they don't give anything good to my body. Fruits do.

You know what else doesn't do your body any good? Starving yourself. Just sayin', since you're getting judge-y about treats :)

Well, apparently pastries don't count either, at least according to the French snack thread. Oh, and they're not "snacks" either because apparently French pastries are entirely too upscale to be called "snacks." And, interestingly enough, there is upscale sugar and it has magical properties. Good times in the forums today.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't consume anything with sugar.. Not even ketchup. No sugar....not even fruit. But whatever works for you! :D
  • 10BlueDoves
    10BlueDoves Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do. My vice is 8 ounces of Mountain Dew for breakfast 4-5 days of the week. 110 calories.
  • moniquec37
    Options
    i allow myself 1 sweet thing in a day and no matter where it falls, that is the only sweet thing for the day. i figure if i do this im less likely to go over board in the end.
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Very good thread. It reminds me of when I was doing Weight Watchers. I wasn't on a diet just counting points instead of cals. Anyway, I ate a sweet treat every night and I lost weight at a very good pace. Now I have been depriving myself on some days even when I want it, I try to ignore the feeling but lately I have been going crazy eating everything sweet ever invented and going WAY over my cals because of this. I say its up to the person, but for me it works if I eat something sweet every day and plan it in my cals so I won't binge :happy:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I don't consume anything with sugar.. Not even ketchup. No sugar....not even fruit. But whatever works for you! :D

No carrots, tomatoes, bread? Wow...

If I'm in the mood for something sweet I'll fit it in. If not I don't worry about it.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options

No carrots, tomatoes, bread? Wow...

If I'm in the mood for something sweet I'll fit it in. If not I don't worry about it.

Nope. No bread, carrots, tomatoes. I buy some turkey meat with >1 gram of sugar, but thats about it. I love sweets unfortunately, but its addictive and not worth it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yep, that pretty much describes me too. Some of my sweets are worse than others, but yeah. This week I had two Cadbury eggs, on different days.

I also consider Greek yogurt like noosa, or plain Fage mixed with fruit/nuts to be a sweet...but on those days I may have another "tame" treat later in the day too like some peanut butter and banana or a kids Clif Z bar.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Every day I have a treat. Whether its 2 custard creams, some cake, a timeout, 6 chunks of cadburies, etc etc.

Does anyone else do this almost daily? I started off with no sweets for 2 weeks and just became a MONSTER to be around! lol Now I count it into my daily cals and haven't went like a month without a daily sweet or bad food. Weight loss is still happening at the same rate.

I know its an awful habit but I have tried so many restrictive diets and have always found the sugar deprivation is what killed it so early in the game. I think I'll always have a VERY sweet tooth!

Anyone else?

Sort of, but being sugar sensitive I can't trust myself to eat a sweet each day and stop there. I plan my sweets in and don't eat them often.

I love Coconut Diary Frozen Desert with no sugar added, as well as sugar free dipped pretzels. I have both as often as possible.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    yup... I love me some sweets. Twix, ice cream, Skor bars, Pop Tarts, Chips... I work a little sumtin in every day.