Running/jogging with big bust

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am a FIRM believer in Enell bras! I have bought every colar but purple! They are great for ANY activity that makes you bounce! What size did you need? My local sports store where I worked for 13 yrs carries them thanks to me :wink: and I could check it out for ya! I swear they are the best, very confining and they do not look like a uniboob either!:smile:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am so happy you posted this. After I am done B.F my little girl I will need to look into some of these bars.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was going to post this very topic today. I'm a 44 or 46DD depending on the maker. I have bought a few champion bras, but they are SOOO tight. I"m getting discouraged ordering and shipping them out. Very frustrating that "sports" stores nearby don't carry any bigger sizes.

Going to check out the suggestions here. Thanks for the info!
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fleet Feet here has someone who does sports bra fittings...if you could get someone who knows what they're to fit you correctly, you might wind up with the exact right bra.

Compression tops are pretty decent, too. Under Armor makes the best that I know of...I feel a difference between walking long distances in compression shorts and walking without. I would think the tops would be just as terrific.
  • Zarok213
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain.....try being a 42F, that is what I am!!! I ran my second race ever this past weekend and tried the 2 sports bra thing and it def did not work for me except to hurt my neck! It was so bad that my parents as spectators said It looked very painful and that if I was 2 find the right bra they would buy me a couple because it is that important. That is why I am here, I too need suggestions on where to even find a sports bra made for ppl that back AND have it be supportive enough that I don't flap in the breeze when I run.

wish I had more answers for you but I do understand and if I come ac cross anything I will let you know.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Tape. No joke. Works for me.
    Not as large, as you, though.
  • cholly711
    cholly711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and just saw that Fitness magazines newest issue has an article on the best sports bras. Some I have never heard of and a lot are reasonable prices. They highlight all types of sizes and needs. Worth checking out to maybe check out some different brands
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Once again I would say Enell. I won't leave home without one!!!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain!:( My boobs were the first thing to go so I can't commiserate now but could before. When my bust was at it's biggest I wore 2 bras (as many have mentioned)....when I lost some weight I was able to by a decent high impact sports bra (pricey but worth it!). Good luck!
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wear actually wear a regular bra with a sports bra and a compression style tank
  • lolsauce
    lolsauce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, girl. I used to have the same issue. Make sure you are using bra size specific sports bras because those are more supportive, and if you still feel inadequately supported, you could try wearing two, though that might feel a bit bulky.
  • Flux_Decapitator
    Flux_Decapitator Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i find wearing a properly store fitted sports bra plus a crop top isnt too bad. but i still find it quite uncomfortable and when doing things like jumping jacks etc... still have to hold them
  • crystalmariep
    crystalmariep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Moving Comfort. They are amazing and come in big boobie sizes. Just make sure to get one that says "high impact." I used them when I was a 38DD and still use them at a 38C. AMAZING bras!
    If you want something even heavier try CWX bras. They won't let anything move or bounce.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have 3 different sports bras, I had 3 of the one I think gives me the most support, the other two are in my draw for a reason.
    It doesn't eliminate bounce. I dont think they ever will. I wear a workout singlet over it, it has the supported cup area aswell, so its a reduced bounce. You could do the duct tape over a singlet and have a workout top over it so they didnt kill you during a workout.
    I dont run in public because of my boobs, well now I cant run at all because of my leg, but I can do anything else! jumping jacks were dreaded and I hated doing them. Now I can push threw and finish the 3 sets. My boobs only go up and down now, they arnt trying to reef off my chest and fling out the window into the next doors yard.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ok - it's a waist trimmer but it would work to harness those girls :) It's velcro so you can make it as tight as you need it to be.

http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Slimmer-Belt-Fits-Waist/dp/B001NCDC4K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377486762&sr=8-2&keywords=everlast+waist+trimmer
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod725877&UNDER ARMOUR&mkwid=st49OTA1D&CMP=PPC-PLA-Promo+Apparel-Womens++Still+Gotta+Have+It+Sports+Bra&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CP33lq6TmrkCFQxyQgodASMAMA

I wear a really good supportive but tight sports bra like the link above and a workout shirt with a built in bra to add extra support. Really the more you run the more you don't care about the bouncing boobs. Get out there, you can do it! :)
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I third or fourth or fifth the suggestion for enell.
    It has also changed my life.
    I wear a 36 GG.
    NO bounce with this bra. It is well worth the large expense. I promise you!

I used to wear 3 sports bras and they didnt hold jack.
    One enell stops the bounce and bang.
  • bubblyharry
    Options
    I concur with the Ennel. I was a 46DDD, and the Enell's been awesome. As I lost weight, I moved to a smaller size and now I'm in a shock absorber but it's not as great as an Enell. Unfortunately Enell's are around $90 to $100 in Canada. Well worth the money but I don't have it right now. If I did, I'd get an Enell in a flash.
  • lynty2
    lynty2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    gg / h cup. shock absorber bras - the max impact version - are fine for me.

if you are still struggling, put a compression top with built in bra over your sports bra. nothing will move.