How come I haven't lost any weight?

Options
I've been on this site for a month now and lately I have been under my calorie diet. I don't know why I'm not losing the weight, someone please help.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Not really enough information to offer any suggestions.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating? Do you eat back any of your exercise calories?
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining weight? If you aren't losing anything and aren't gaining anything, you may want to reduce the number of calories even more. You could also do a little more for exercise to see if that works.

Normally, the calories in/calories out logic works. If you burn more calories than you take in, weight loss happens for you.

A pound of fat generally consists of 3500 calories. In a week, if you run a calorie deficit of 3500 calories you should burn a pound off.

Sometimes we may think a calorie deficit exists and we just aren't counting all of our calories or are exaggerating the amount we burn during exercise.

I guess my best advice is play with your numbers. Decrease intake or increase exercise and see if that works. Once you get a hold on how many calories you are burning and consuming per week weight loss will happen more quickly for you.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

Weigh and measure you food.

Log everything you eat or drink that has calories.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    hard to say, your food diary is not open.